Overseas Upcoming Non-UK Anime BD/DVD Artwork

I seem to be full of questions at the moment, but do we have any indication what the packaging for the US BD release of GitS:SAC is going to be like yet? I imported Arise mainly because Manga's packaging job was so lacklustre compared to Funi's for pretty much the same price, just wondering if that'll be the case again...

All the Anime France : Ghost in the Shell '95

Standart ed :
yeyq4kdl.jpg

CE ed (Steelbook, '95 movie + 2.0) :
CPnqL58l.png

16003208_1549689461726809_7088681052655817837_n.jpg

Coming from Discotek in March. Not especially excited, as there was debate over whether the Japanese transfer was an upscale (either way, it was poor HD) and I would be stunned if Discotek managed to wrangle a superior transfer or performed their own. But here's hoping!

Meh, I didn't like Season 1 enough to spend anywhere near that kind of money on it. If they put out SE BDs for S1 and S2 I'd probably upgrade my DVD copies, if for no other reason that to save space, but unless there's some ridiculously good Early Bird or something (like, sub £80, which isn't happening) then I'll be passing. Plus, once again, I have no room for UEs anyway, so even if I did want it, I'd have nowhere to put it.

There wont be an Early Bird as this is French but its definitely a show that as it is so iconic i would like to own a UE of it as I highly enjoyed 2GIG

I wouldn't exactly say that a show's status as 'Iconic' justifies a purchase. If I don't like it, I don't like it, what other people think doesn't really matter.

It is one of those franchises from Casuals to hardcore know of so GiTS does deserve UEs. I just hope it has a nice physical extras so even if its no EN support i wont regrett it

It is one of those franchises from Casuals to hardcore know of so GiTS does deserve UEs. I just hope it has a nice physical extras so even if its no EN support i wont regrett it

I'm not saying it's not deserving (well, I don't think it is based on the quality of the show, but I can't deny the fanbase) but just that I wouldn't buy it because of its status.

I'm not saying it's not deserving (well, I don't think it is based on the quality of the show, but I can't deny the fanbase) but just that I wouldn't buy it because of its status.

He's not saying that you specifically have to buy it, but that the well known nature of the franchise and series means that it makes business sense for them to push it. Lot's of people just hear the name and associate it with quality. I don't give a **** about Naruto, Bleach or One Piece but I would never deny the widespread appeal of them. They call them tent-poles for a reason, they prop everything else up. Being iconic doesn't mean that you should buy it just because, that's not his argument but rather it being as well known as it is means the opportunity cost is lower, ergo there's less risk.

He's not saying that you specifically have to buy it, but that the well known nature of the franchise and series means that it makes business sense for them to push it. Lot's of people just hear the name and associate it with quality. I don't give a **** about Naruto, Bleach or One Piece but I would never deny the widespread appeal of them. They call them tent-poles for a reason, they prop everything else up. Being iconic doesn't mean that you should buy it just because, that's not his argument but rather it being as well known as it is means the opportunity cost is lower, ergo there's less risk.

I don't think I ever said otherwise, but his post seemed to imply that was his reason for buying it, which seems unreasonable to me.

Back