UK Anime Distributor Universal Pictures Discussion Thread

Rui

Karamatsu Boy
Administrator
Now that Universal's new anime project has officially kicked off with the release of Seraph of the End, it's about time they had a dedicated discussion thread!

Useful links and Social Media

John's AUKN Profile
Official Website
AUKN Encyclopedia Entry
Facebook
Twitter

Home Video Releases

Please keep an eye on the AUKN Encyclopedia (when it returns) for up-to-date information on Universal Pictures UK releases. Their first two releases aimed at anime fans in the UK are Seraph of the End and Heroic Legend of Arslan, with more to follow including Drifters and the new series of Berserk.

Streaming Services

Universal Pictures UK titles can be streamed on the following services.

Viewster

Re: [UK Anime Distributor] Universal Pictures Discussion Thr

In the name of self-pimping, I've taken a look at the contents of first Heroic Legend of Arslan Collector's Edition in video form...

Last edited by a moderator:

The Arslan set looks nice enough, still don't like the fact it's top loading (honestly, does anyone actually like that? I guess people must but personally I don't get it.) and truth is while I thought the idea of the boardgame was interesting, the execution ain't really doing it for me tbh. I'll most likely be picking it up anyway.

Do we have any idea when part 2 of Seraph is coming?

Buzzkillington said:
The Arslan set looks nice enough, still don't like the fact it's top loading (honestly, does anyone actually like that? I guess people must but personally I don't get it.)

I've never been too worried about it either way personally - as long as it isn't bottom loading I'm fine with it, basically. :p

Buzzkillington said:

Sounds like there should be some more info on that reasonably soon, things certainly seem to be progressing on that one.

Damn that looks so nice and can't wait to get mine. To be honest I do like the top loading.

Hanners said:
I've never been too worried about it either way personally - as long as it isn't bottom loading I'm fine with it, basically. :p

I guess it does sound like a kinda silly thing to complain about but I dunno, aesthetically I just don't like it and would much prefer side loading. I also always fear that the front cover artwork will bleed onto the spine as I feel that seems more likely on a top loading box because of the way the artwork is wrapped around it (I don't know if that's actually accurate but Space Dandy gave me the fear as some of the bleed on them is just awful).

Hanners said:
Sounds like there should be some more info on that reasonably soon, things certainly seem to be progressing on that one.

Good stuff, I'll keep an eye on it then, thanks.

Arslan set looks amazing, and well worth my £39.99

Buzzkillington said:

I'm hoping late September for Seraph Part 2 and late November for Arslan Part 2, though I do know Arslan Part 2 was originally touted as December in the uk-anime article.

Arslan set looks very nice, i don't mind top loading as long as the front cover doesn't bleed on to the spine which has happened to quite a few of Space Dandy S1 & some of Seraph. I can understand them using top loading when they're putting in all these extras bu they could always put a extras box in like Sentai do so it can be side loading.

Thanks for all the comments guys. Really appreciate your feedback.

I have read a number of comments on the top loading slipcases. We did it for Seraph as we had a landscape artbook and a landscape digipack so we thought it would look better in a top loader. The majority of comments seem to be negative though so we will look to move to sideloading on later franchises like Beserk and Drifters

Seraph and Arslan part 2 are likely to be December. Currently looking at 5th for Seraph and 26th for Arslan. Hope to be able to confirm this soon and will also have news on more titles for 2017 in the next few weeks.

Enjoying reading your comments!

Welcome back John! I'm itching to get hold of the Arslan set very soon as it was one of my favourite shows when it was running :)

Personally I don't mind top loading cases but I think they're prone to look untidy with some shelf arrangements. So long as all of the parts within a series match (top or side loading), I'm happy.

R

johnnythm said:

I have read a number of comments on the top loading slipcases. We did it for Seraph as we had a landscape artbook and a landscape digipack so we thought it would look better in a top loader. The majority of comments seem to be negative though so we will look to move to sideloading on later franchises like Beserk and Drifters

Seraph and Arslan part 2 are likely to be December. Currently looking at 5th for Seraph and 26th for Arslan. Hope to be able to confirm this soon and will also have news on more titles for 2017 in the next few weeks.

As long as we still get the beautiful designed releases, I don't mind if they're top or side loaded.
Interesting to hear there's more titles coming for next year (outside of Berserk and Drifters). I'm going to go through their Japan titles and see what I can hope for!

(Hellsing Ultimate and Higurashi would be wonderful)

johnnythm said:

I guess when you put it like that, it makes perfect sense. For what it's worth as long as it's made to a good standard (meaning the artwork is wrapped around the box properly and not bleeding onto the spine a la Space Dandy) then for me it's not really an issue just a preference.

johnnythm said:

A bit closer to christmas than I would like but I'm sure I'll manage, thanks.

Yeah the length of time between Part 1 and Part 2 of Seraph is disappointing, but not the end of the world I suppose!

Rollon the next set of announcements :)

Eeesh in regards to Seraph being in December (and like others a bit disappointing that it's so far away). Definitely too close to Christmas for my anime purchasing, but perhaps pick it up as one of my first in 2017. :)

Looking forward to seeing what you guys are picking up next, Seraph and Arslan have both been amazing sets so far!

That's disappointing Part 2 for Seraph & Arslan won't be out till close till the end of the year, i was planning on buying the Part 1's soon but since i would wait to own both sets before watching i'll hold off getting them for awhile yet.

December 5. for Seraph?! Holy cow! That is really disappointing... hope there wont be any delays so I could get it for the Holidays.

Means I probably won't pick up the pt1s till Jan with the pt2s unless they are going OOP before then.

Thanks, John.

I don't mind waiting to be honest, i'm a fan of both Seraph and Arslan but I'm in no rush to rewatch them. What I would ask though is... Is there the possibility of getting an artbox with the part 2 releases to store parts 1 and 2 of these titles? Bit much i know but though i'd give it a shot lol as I'd definitely spend a bit more on a p2 if it had a limited run with a complete series art box.

mrclt1994 said:
Thanks, John.

I don't mind waiting to be honest, i'm a fan of both Seraph and Arslan but I'm in no rush to rewatch them. What I would ask though is... Is there the possibility of getting an artbox with the part 2 releases to store parts 1 and 2 of these titles? Bit much i know but though i'd give it a shot lol as I'd definitely spend a bit more on a p2 if it had a limited run with a complete series art box.

I would be up for this, besides if its possible they could use art like this:

71_WSQykg8x_L_SL1438.jpg

71DYWLY5BlL._SL1000_.jpg

Back