UK release of Full Metal Alchemist #6 to come with LE tin

I KNEW IT!!!

That sucks bad for the people who have been buying the series in the UK since the first tin holds the first 5 volumes. When the third tin is released there will be 2 extra volumes that don't fit in that tin as well unless MVM made a mistake by stating it as a 15 DVD release.

This has seriously lowered my opinion on MVM, what the hell are they thinking... That quote though, if it was in fact MVM speaking, they didn't seen apologetic in any way. Something doesn't feel right with this, and i won't be buying the series on dvd unless they get the first tin out...

EDIT: Ok that sounds like in buying the series for the tin lol, i really want this series, and i just hope MVM get the first tin out somehow...

It sounds like they're using leftover (?) US tins a la the GITS one, so maybe there just aren't any left? They're not introducing something new to the uk after all.

No box for the first 5 dvd thats crap, seriously mvm are annoyin me now and I think alot of people. They are getting loads of great licences but arn't delivering, their release shedual is up and down at best. Whats the point of doin tins for some but not all of FMA. Its great to see mvm bringing more to the UK but its obvious they have overextended beyond their capability( in my opinion)
Kev

They should be happy that they have loyal UK fans who don't import, but this just takes the piss really, lol have to post a second time because this has really pissed me off. They don't want people to import, yet they treat us like we're the people who get the leftovers the USA didn't want...
I may have to consider importing now, although i'm guessing the tins have sold out in the USA...

EDIT: The only thing stopping me have a good opinion of ADV is that weird dub problem :/. I can't help to think of their release of Full Metal Panic! 1st series, with those massive posters, it was a brilliant release from ADV, although the dub problem was annoying..., if ADV start doing this online only empty box thing, they could be in no1 spot again : D

If this is true and were getting USA leftover surely we should get the first tin too because its still being sold on amazon.com unless iam misstaken. Ive pre-ordered the FMA vol.6 LE because i wanted the series anyway, finding out there was a tin with it was just a bonus for me.

damn thats a bummer
i'm just glad that i got R1 versions, so i have both tins now
(soz for sounding rude, lol)
but still, that is really stupid, i mean no 1st tin box?
but there will be the 2nd and 3rd, that is trully lame, and for such a series it had to happen to. tsk, tsk.
lets just hope next time a artbox, or le item comes, this time it is done properly, and no faults!

Geez; stop complaining people. You should be happy MVM are even trying something like this, considering just over 10 months ago, they were sayig it wasn't financially doable.

We don't buy anime for pretty tins, we buy it for ths shows.

masaki86 said:
Geez; stop complaining people. You should be happy MVM are even trying something like this, considering just over 10 months ago, they were sayig it wasn't financially doable.

We don't buy anime for pretty tins, we buy it for ths shows.
I couldn't have put it better myself. It is not like we are being asked to pay more for the tin and no-one is twisting your arm to buy it. I find it very disheartening that people are so easy to criticise the UK anime industry. There is a saying concerning gifts, horses and mouths that springs to mind.

If you like the series, buy it, if not I doubt one tin or a hundred tins would be enough to sway you. Yes, I like to receive pretty free gifts every now and then when buying anime but I have to like the anime (or the concept behind it where I'm not sure or never seen it) to even bother considering it regardless of freebies/limited editions. Boxes and such are just bonuses that come along with the main feature in my book and shouldn't be taken for granted.

I don't see why fans of the series shouldn't express their disappointment about the fact they are getting collectors tins for the series which only holds a fragment of the series they are collecting. Sure it's neat that MVM are giving us extras but to give collectors only 2 parts of a 3 part collection is a bit of a joke.

Could do that but now there's the knowlege that there are tins out there. Knowing that not all of them are available and settling with having no tins because you don't want your DVD shelf to look incomplete is going to be annoying for people.

If it is that important, and if it is that much cause for annoyance, then people will either have to live their lives in the shadows as they will be known as the 'two tinners' or they can just get over it.

My advice would be that if it means so much to you, track down the R1 release. The tin is damn nice anyway.

I already have the tins. I'm just trying to say that it was kind of a silly idea for MVM to release two thirds of a collectors set which is obviously gonna annoy people. I think they should quite rightly be allowed to express their disappointment about it. The point of the tins is to store the series and what's the point really if you can only store bits of it.

Well, let's hope they take this on board and think about how to approach this in future >.>;

I don't mind either way. They look good, but the tins are an impractical size for me to store with my other DVDs, so I wouldn't buy them anwyay. And I have all the soundtracks, so having a duplicate would just be annoying.

Personally, I'm more disappointed by the lack of any printed material inside the case. But still, it's the series itself I'm more interested in than anything else.

Back