UK release of Full Metal Alchemist #6 to come with LE tin

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
According to Play.com, volume 6 of Full Metal Alchemist (out in the UK on the 10th of April) will be released with a special limited edition tin. The RRP is still £19.99.

Keep in mind that this offer could be exclusive to just Play.com (and a few other select online DVD shops) and given that this will be a limited edition release, fans are advised to pre-order their copies now to avoid missing out.

Hmm, if it's the same as the US release then it's only going to be able to hold about 4 or 5 DVD's depending on which tin it is.

I think my heart just skipped a beat. o_O

[In all seriousness, it did.]

Man, I hope this is true. I need something to put my FMA DVD's in.

Great news, I've already gone ahead and ordered my copy, hopefully this will lead to more, tins, artboxes, goodies, etc for the fledging UK market.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Hmm, if it's the same as the US release then it's only going to be able to hold about 4 or 5 DVD's depending on which tin it is.

I'd imagine it would be the first six, they're probably aiming at releasing another one for the last 6 or 7 DVDs. At least they should fit in the tin unlike the GITS one :roll:

Capuchin said:
WTFDaveMustaine said:

I'd imagine it would be the first six, they're probably aiming at releasing another one for the last 6 or 7 DVDs. At least they should fit in the tin unlike the GITS one :roll:
Well the GitS tin was the US tin with stickers slapped over it to try and hide the fact. The US DVD's don't have slip cases so that's the reason why the UK ones don't fit. On the bottom it still says region 1 though. That's why i'm thinking it's going to be one of the US tins.... So far for the US release there are 2 tins. The first tin that came with volume 1 that holds volumes 1 - 5 and the second which came with volume 6 and holds volumes 6 - 9.

It would be pretty neat if MVM actually had a tin specially made though.

If it's the US ones then it's odd they didn't release the tin for 1-5 with vol 5, isn't it? And if it's the second tin, where's the first?

And how did they fit the remaining episodes into 3 discs?

Will I ask any more questions?

Capuchin said:
If it's the US ones then it's odd they didn't release the tin for 1-5 with vol 5, isn't it? And if it's the second tin, where's the first?
I dunno, we'll wait and see. If it is one of the region 1 tins then it's going to be a problem because I think the US version is being released in less disks. I find it a bit odd that they decide to release a tin for a series when they are still trying to catch up with releases that keep being delayed to begin with.
Capuchin said:
And how did they fit the remaining episodes into 3 discs?
There's one more tin to come.
Capuchin said:
Will I ask any more questions?
Probably. :p

BabyDaddy said:
We're gettin' the same amount as America in DVD's for FMA, Sy.

13 I think it is...
Hmm, I was pretty sure it was 13 for the US but when I checked the MVM site it's listed as a 15 DVD release.

WTH. It is 15!?

But it might be an error, I'unno.

Since we are getting 4 episodes a DVD same as America. Maybe it could be think pack boxsets. =O

BabyDaddy said:
WTH. It is 15!?

But it might be an error, I'unno.
It may very well be, they only just recently realised they spelt Alchemist wrong on the information page. 'Alchamast' indeed. :p

I've missed a few eps on Rapture over the past few weeks because I've been without Sky, so this gives me an excuse to go out and buy the dvd's :D

Yay *buys dvd's*

I'm pretty pissed off with play.com though :/ My mum had bought the GITS vol 7 thing for Christmas, but it has tons of dents in it, so we sent it back. Got another one, same problem, sent it back. Did this once more, and now they stopped listing it on play.com ..., i guess i'll have to get it at the London Expo if they are going to sell it there..they better do or i'll be very upset, and bad things happen when i'm upset :-D

I've had a niggling question though about those boxes, there was one for the whole series, then there was the vol 7 one, could someone plz tell me what the differences were between these 2 versions, other than the whole series tin not having a t-shirt.
Oh, and i worked out that it was a lot cheaper to buy the 6 dvd's and the vol7 tin in the play.com sale than buying the whole series in the tin, it was something like £80 for the whole series on play.com, but in the sale all the dvd's were £10, so yay! save money and get a t-shirt :D

Oh and another thing to have a flame at play.com about. I had to send back my Ikki Tousen vol1+ box back twice. The first time the disk was so scratched it looked like it had been tied to the back of a car, upside down, and driven around the M25 sevel times :shock: so that was the first time to send it back, and oh no they wouldn't just let me dent the dvd+case back, had to send the whole box back..., which was in perfect condition i must add, so then, something that i knew would happen, happened. It came back, the dvd was perfect, but... in the top of the box it looked like someone had got the old scissors out and had a good go at cutting a large well hole into the top... So sent it back again, not bothered to re-order it yet, so yes i really do not like play.com now, only for sales and single dvd's they are good :D
*looks for another place to buy them all from*

Thats cool, though I have not seen any of the FMA series *sad I know*

Whats on my mind is that should I pre-order it and wait for a long time until I get the other volumes until I actually open it?

In an update to our earlier story concerning the metal tin that will come packaged as a limited edition extra with volume 6 of Full Metal Alchemist, EyeOnAnime has quoted MVM as stating:

“It's the second tin (R1) that comes with volume 6 (of Full Metal Alchemist). Limited edition of 1,000. Unfortunately the UK missed out on the first tin. We cannot backtrack to it. There's nothing we can do about it. Tin #2 houses 4 volumes.â€

Back