UK Legal Anime Streaming Service launching April

ilmaestro said:
ConanThe3rd said:
Tell you what, punch Toei in the teeth untill they let you show Fist of the North Star and Digimon Tamers and I will give you all the money you want.
Nah, you wouldn't, you'd just find something else to moan about.
Well, I don't deny the obvious, I don't uphold the insane.

So what have they actually announced so far? Steins;Gate, Nichijou (aka An Ordinary Life), Deadman Wonderland and Tiger & Bunny? Is there a list somewhere? I can't seem to find all that much information from the site itself.

BAKA said:
So what have they actually announced so far? Steins;Gate, Nichijou (aka An Ordinary Life), Deadman Wonderland and Tiger & Bunny? Is there a list somewhere? I can't seem to find all that much information from the site itself.
Yup, that's right.

I don't get why they have licensed CR's shows. They have said they aren't in direct competition. So, tell me AoD, why should I pay for the same show twice over?

Paradox295 said:
Yup, that's right.

I don't get why they have licensed CR's shows. They have said they aren't in direct competition. So, tell me AoD, why should I pay for the same show twice over?

They may be CR shows. But CR doesn't have the UK rights for any of those shows. So they aren't in direct opposition.

Jiindama said:
Paradox295 said:
Yup, that's right.

They may be CR shows. But CR doesn't have the UK rights for any of those shows. So they aren't in direct opposition.
My Ordinary Life & Deadman Wonderland are streaming to the UK on CR

Jiindama said:
huh, I overlooked Nichijou. But Deadman Wonderland doesn't appear on the the Spring 2011 list of things available in our region.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime/spring-2011

Oh well. It looks like the press release in their forum does confirm that I'm mistaken.
It's got no episodes yet, so only appears as a press release.

They still only have one show I'm interested in (which isn't on CR).
*sigh*

Giving them the same restriction as I do to CR, get two shows a season I want to see or I don't pay subs.

Neferpitou said:
Has anyone actually paid to subscribe to AoD yet?

Well I'm testing out their free streaming with Tiger and Bunny on the first ep. If they do that with Deadman Wonderland and I enjoy it, then I'll bite and pay for a season pass.

A shame there's no C.

BAKA said:

There'll be a full list and scheduling soon - for now:

Tiger and Bunny: - New episodes on Sundays from 01:00AM
Nichijou
STEINS;GATE
Deadman Wonderland

More announcements to follow next week too when I have confirms on certain terms :).

Neferpitou said:
Has anyone actually paid to subscribe to AoD yet?
I didn't bother yet just because I am still yet to get around to watching this season's shows... I probably will anyway, though, just to support the idea, even if I end up being not too thrilled with this season's offerings in particular.

Oh no. Oh hell no, **** you Britain! I leave for sunnier, less economic downturny shores and you go and get yourself legal UK streaming site that I cannot access. You did this deliberately, I just know it.

PS. So what happened to the European Union, anyway? I'm a Brit. In Germany. With money to pay for an annual pass. To hell with you.

Sorry if I'm being ignorant, but with a season-based model; wouldn't the success of the business largely depend on the current offerings? Will some shows always be on there etc?

VivisQueen said:
Oh no. Oh hell no, **** you Britain! I leave for sunnier, less economic downturny shores and you go and get yourself legal UK streaming site that I cannot access. You did this deliberately, I just know it.

PS. So what happened to the European Union, anyway? I'm a Brit. In Germany. With money to pay for an annual pass. To hell with you.
On the plus side, while you don't have any simulcasts yet, you get Kara no Kyoukai and other goodies:
http://www.anime-on-demand.de/

Was a good opportunity to sign off your post:

[R]

But yes, this is much more promising news as far as AoD is concerned. The more titles they can "save" from only being streamed by Funi, the better. Even when they do put shows up on youtube for the UK, you never quite know what time it is going to update, and youtube sucks so incredibly hard, too.

Just brought my season pass. I'll judge whether or not to buy a pass depending on what's showing in that particular season.

Back