UK Legal Anime Streaming Service launching April

Looks like a coaberation between Kaze (ShoPro i.e. Viz Media) and ANN.
That means we might get the Viz streams, which they have in the US via Hulu.
And whatever else it is Kaze stream in France.

Reaper gI said:

Actually its something all together new...;)....

More soon...

Andrew

kaze_andrew said:
Reaper gI said:

Actually its something all together new...;)....

More soon...

Andrew
Well, whatever it is...

UK Only + Simulcasts + Classic Anime = Awesome :lol:

Aha, so this is the terribly exciting thing we've been told to expect from kaze this year. And it does seem to in fact be terribly exciting.

Just a thought, wonder if this will be restricted to UK only access- because if so, and we ended up getting something that the US didn't, then that would be funny... our American cousins would not be used to that!

Looks more aesthetically pleasing than Crunchyroll. If they get some shows I care about (unlike Crunchyroll, whose only saving grace is Gintama) then even better.

I'm not a fan of the CrunchyRoll name, but that strikes me as more of a brand than AoD (acronym'd already!) does. I'm just being a dick though, and I can't wait to see what happens here.

Does Manga UK still bother with it's online streaming?

If nothing else, it currently seems to offer the same content that ANN Video allows within our region.
My frugality renders me less interested in 'On Demand' services than some, though one expects this venture may provide an alternative to Crunchyroll's payment mechanism once fully implemented.

A slight worry though with the current hosted Gundam episode having a expiry date next to them :(.

Personally I don't think its that great to host complete series, If the Series is already out to buy. Better just to host the first few episodes to give a feel for a series, A try before you buy.

Of course If the series is not out yet to buy then by all mean host all the episodes as they will distributed illegal anyway. Might as well make a legal profit on those episodes.

Neferpitou said:
A slight worry though with the current hosted Gundam episode having a expiry date next to them :(.
There's been a big rolling schedule for multiple Gundam series across multiple streaming sites for the last year.

Yup Gundam streaming is due to the 30th aniversary, and Gundam Unicorn release. ANN steaming is mostly FUNi stuff and all region locked, even if we can get half of it on youtube.

Paradox295 said:
Jayme said:
I'm not a fan of the CrunchyRoll name, but that strikes me as more of a brand than AoD (acronym'd already!) does. I'm just being a dick though, and I can't wait to see what happens here.

Does Manga UK still bother with it's online streaming?
Mhm, it feels like http://www.anime-on-line.com/, too long and clunky.

There's a reason behind that which will be come clear :).

Re: URL - there'll be abbreviations of it shortly, just needed one to kick it off and we had that in the cupboard so-to-speak :).

Re: What you see on AoD just now - don't expect it to stay for long. This isn't an aggregation - I've been licensing shows directly for the UK market. I have 5 shows confirmed, 1 awaiting confirmation and some more surprises in store.

That's just the starting simulcast package too - there's more to be announced as it goes on.

So what you're seeing right now is a placeholder video-wise, although we'll retain trailers for everyone on the site too :)...

Andrew

Back