Overseas UK Blu-Ray List / Australian Blu-ray List / USA Region B and Geolocked List

Oh, Soul Taker is a Shinbou show right? That would certainly be worth a blind buy even as a SD Blu-ray, but sadly my German is quite horrible and would barely qualify even as beginner level. So those releases is unfortunately out the window as well.. As you seem knowledgeable about German stuff, what Blu-rays from there is English friendly (if any)?
Relaxo listed some English friendly further down on the first page.

@Afherlan : Solty Rei SDBD is a plain copy of the old German DVDs - including the PAL issues. I don't own SoulTaker but assume it was handled the same way (despite somehow missing the jap dub for one episodes).
One should not expect, that German SDBD reach the same technical level as the ones Discotek releases in the US. They are only shelf- and money-saving releases.

The problem is unless someone has a Geo-locked player it's very difficult to confirm if all new sentai titles are all region B now or still Geo-locked. So it's easier to state Geo-locked.
I haven't heard any Geo-locked titles lately even being region locked, so I'm pretty sure there all region B now.
Does this mean that all newer Sentai releases are at least Geo-locked? Such as the Complete Collection of My Teen Romantic Comedy - Snafu(released Nov 05, 2019 with Eng Dub) or Food Wars Third Plate? Sorry if this was made clear earlier.

Does this mean that all newer Sentai releases are at least Geo-locked? Such as the Complete Collection of My Teen Romantic Comedy - Snafu(released Nov 05, 2019 with Eng Dub) or Food Wars Third Plate? Sorry if this was made clear earlier.
My Teen Romantic Comedy has already been confirmed. Have you checked the first page?
No one has confirmed third plate yet. It should be geo locked though.

My Teen Romantic Comedy has already been confirmed. Have you checked the first page?
Thanks for the Info. I checked the listing on the first page, but wasn't sure if it was only for the older Versions without the Dub. Sorry for wasting your time.

Relaxo listed some English friendly further down on the first page.

Ah, saw that now. Always stops reading at your fifth message at the start of the thread so I missed it completely. Thanks for the heads up.

@Afherlan : Solty Rei SDBD is a plain copy of the old German DVDs - including the PAL issues. I don't own SoulTaker but assume it was handled the same way (despite somehow missing the jap dub for one episodes).
One should not expect, that German SDBD reach the same technical level as the ones Discotek releases in the US. They are only shelf- and money-saving releases.

Sounds like fairly bad releases then. Once again I can decode some simple German sentences but that's about it. So wouldn't really be able to get them anyway.

Aniplex's (and assumedly Funimation's) Demon Slayer LE Set 1 is Region Free, but Geolocked, and requires your player be set to US, Canada or Mexico to work. This is much stricter than Sentai's set up and will not work if set to anything else.

Playback is fine on my UK PS4 as is, however on Xbox you need to go into the language settings and change country from UK to USA otherwise it does not work. Those with standalone BD Players should beware that just because you can play Sentai discs doesn't mean that this title will be guaranteed to work however, unless you can freely see and/or change location in the options.

I also used this opportunity to faff around with a few Sentai releases, and it looks like Sentai's BDs are only authored to check to make sure that the country code isn't Japan, as I tried multiple countries out of their licensing territory like France and India and their discs still worked.

Last edited:
August UK blu ray releases added
They will be removed if release dates are put back

Astra Lost in Space
Boruto: Naruto Next Generation: Part 4
Bungo Stray Dogs: Season 1,2 & OVA
Domestic Girlfriend
Fairy Gone: Part 1
Fairy Tail: Collection 4,5
Fate/Zero
High School DxD HERO
How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift?
Magic Knight Rayearth: Part 2
MEGALOBOX
Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid
Mob Psycho 100 II
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
Mobile Suit Gundam 00: A Wakening Trailblazer
Mysteria Friends
NEW GAME! & NEW GAME!
Nobunaga the Fool
Revolutionary Girl Utena

August Australian blu ray releases added
They will be removed if release dates are put back

Black Clover Complete Season 1
Bungo Stray Dogs Complete Season 3
Bungo Stray Dogs Dead Apple
Demon Lord, Retry!
Hensuki Are You Willing to Fall in Love with a Pervert, as Long as She's a Cutie?
Konosuba - God's Blessing on This Wonderful World!
Mob Psycho 100 II
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Why the Hell Are You Here, Teacher?

Last edited:
Yeah my copy states Region A on the box so I presume it’s locked. When I get around to watching it I can double check the discs.
To update on this I just tried playing the discs on a UK player and received a “This Blu Ray disc will play on Region A Players only” message.

Back once again. I know there is a low probability of this, but is there some neat way to get around the Sentai web shop shipping restrictions?

I can now confirm Food Wars The Third Plate from Sentai as, at least, geolocked. It plays fine on my european PS 3. Is there a way to test if it's Region B as well on my PS 3? If so, please let me know.

Back