UK Anime Release Schedule -Updated-

Hey sorry to ask what's already been mentioned on here but when's Hellsing Ultimate Volumes 9 & 10 out again please as Amazon US has it on their site already as it was released back in October.

As far as I am aware there is no release date for a UK release. If you want it now on Blu-ray but can't play A locked discs, it's out in Australia.

I believe Manga hinted on Twitter that it could come sometime after Spring in 2015, which going by previous gaps between US and UK releases would suggest summer - but who knows.

Ah damn, I will need it on dvd or the very least combi play blurray. Waaaah long wait.

Is it true bluray players aren't multi region? I was SO tempted to get bluray but then heard that so it's like eugh as I have a lot of none anime region 1 stuffs.

Certain blu-ray players can be unlocked via downloading and installing certain firmware to become region-free. The Toshiba BDX3200 and BDX1200 are two such models, though they are very hard to find at decent prices.

You can get hardware modded Blu-ray players from Multi-Region Magic, the mod usually adds about £100 to the price.

Disclaimer. I've never used them myself, but the company has been around since the first chipped DVD players.

Just Passing Through said:
You can get hardware modded Blu-ray players from Multi-Region Magic, the mod usually adds about £100 to the price.

Disclaimer. I've never used them myself, but the company has been around since the first chipped DVD players.

I has my blu ray player modded with the ICOS chip by them earlier this year. Excellent job and very quick turnaround too. I would highly recommend them.
A current list of new and refurbished players cane be found here:

http://www.mrmdvd.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=159

Garuda said:
Just Passing Through said:

I has my blu ray player modded with the ICOS chip by them earlier this year. Excellent job and very quick turnaround too. I would highly recommend them.
A current list of new and refurbished players cane be found here:

http://www.mrmdvd.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=159

Yh thats the one

-Danielle- said:
Is it true bluray players aren't multi region? I was SO tempted to get bluray but then heard that so it's like eugh as I have a lot of none anime region 1 stuffs.

As you mention region 1, I assume you are talking about the DVD playback on Blu-ray players. If so most players I believe can have the DVD region made region free via a remote code. There are some like Sony players where the DVD playback can be made region free but you need one of those all in one remotes do to it.

The problem with these modding companys is they won't sell you the chip with an installation diagram so you can do it yourself.

Emulsion said:
-Danielle- said:

As you mention region 1, I assume you are talking about the DVD playback on Blu-ray players. If so most players I believe can have the DVD region made region free via a remote code. There are some like Sony players where the DVD playback can be made region free but you need one of those all in one remotes do to it.

The problem with these modding companys is they won't sell you the chip with an installation diagram so you can do it yourself.

If you just want to make a blu ray player region free ( 1-6 ) on DVD playback these remotes are excellent:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-DVD-Blu- ... 0665303085

Available for Sony, Panasonic and Pioneer. I have personally bought the Sony and Panasonic remotes from this seller. Takes less than two minutes to compete the process.
If you go into his shop, he also sells the chips to modify the blu ray side of playback too.

I'm shuffling some dates round now - you'll get them all soon:

January:

Giovanni's Island Ultimate
Giovanni's Island BD
Giovanni's Island DVD
Blood Lad Collector's Edition BD
Blood Lad DVD

February:

Tiger & Bunny standard edition BD
Perfect Blue standard edition BD

March:

Wings of Honneamise Collector's BD/DVD
Wings of Honneamise DVD
Place Promised to Us / Voices of a Distant Star BD (finally)
Place Promised to Us / Voices of a Distant Star DVD (finally)

Q2 to follow soon :).

Andrew

britguy said:
Aww was hoping for KlK Part 2 in Q1 and thus Part 3 by the end of Q2.

Just Giovanni UE, Blood Lad CE and Honneamise CE for me in Q1 then :)

We were hoping so too but looks like April is just more likely for it - we're hoping we can push it forwards but best to schedule with a later date in mind and bump forwards than the reverse :).

Andrew

Hoping we would have had Tiger and Bunny The Rising and FMP in there. Perhaps some more may slot in?

Already have budgeted for Giovanni's and Blood Lad in an already tight January, so happy for that to be it for the month.

Looking forward to Honneamise and may get Place Promised / Voices but really want the whole collection!

Any idea when Giovanni's will be up on your site to pre-order?

I've saved the money for Giovanni's island and Blood Lad's a late Christmas/Birthday present. Now that it's been pushed to March I might be able to get Honneamise (probably not but I can hope).

That new scheduling for Wings is top, with my new contract at work (& considering I'm on abroad for two weeks in January, eating up me money) I'll have some more dolla from Feb onwards.

Elaniel said:
Hoping we would have had Tiger and Bunny The Rising and FMP in there. Perhaps some more may slot in?

I think The Rising is out in North America during March so maybe a late Q2/Early Q3 release. I'm eagerly awaiting that release :D

I'm sure Andrew was considering Kickstarter for FMP, if so we'll have to wait till Mai Mai Miracle is in our hands, though I'm sure Andrew will put together a new years post (like he did before) telling us some details of what to expect, right Andrew? ;) (pls)

Back