UK Anime Release Schedule -Updated-

Hmm, someone just posted this on blu-ray.com. I haven;t heard anything from Amazon yet, so lets hope it's just an issue with Sainsburys

image.jpg

If true, then unfortunately A-L are definitely getting a bit of a reputation..

britguy said:
Hmm, someone just posted this on blu-ray.com. I haven;t heard anything from Amazon yet, so lets hope it's just an issue with Sainsburys

image.jpg

If true, then unfortunately A-L are definitely getting a bit of a reputation..

Apropos of nothing...

In Australia Siren Visual have cancelled their Tiger & Bunny: The Beginning Blu-ray release due to tech issues.

Given that Anime Limited and Siren are partnering up on Durarara Blu-rays, this might be something to keep an eye on, as AL's T & B move is due next month.

EDIT: Had a look around and Play, The Hut Group and Base.com all have Perfect Blue as 18th November now. Looks to be approaching a retailer consensus, although Amazon, UP1 and AoL still have the October date.

I guess we'll hear something shortly seeing as the launch date is supposed to be Monday :/

edit - Speak of The Devil, taken from Facebook

Status Update
By Anime Limited
Perfect Blue News: the Perfect Blue Blu-ray/DVD combi pack is delayed until November 18th. I know, I know - this is a real pain in the rear, especially as we had to delay it once before. The reason for the delay is down to packaging problems we encountered this time around. The standalone DVD release of Perfect Blue is on track for release on October 28th. The only problems we’ve encountered are for the combi pack release.

Obviously, this is as annoying and upsetting for us as it is for you - the string of recent delays have been varied and unfortunate in our first year and for our first run of title releases. We appreciate your patience as you bear with us through these problems as we strive to deliver a quality product that is worth you parting with your hard earned cash.

It's rather amazing they only discovered packaging issues a few days before the street date. I thought these things were done weeks in advance.

britguy said:
I guess we'll hear something shortly seeing as the launch date is supposed to be Monday :/

edit - Speak of The Devil, taken from Facebook

Status Update
By Anime Limited
Perfect Blue News: the Perfect Blue Blu-ray/DVD combi pack is delayed until November 18th. I know, I know - this is a real pain in the rear, especially as we had to delay it once before. The reason for the delay is down to packaging problems we encountered this time around. The standalone DVD release of Perfect Blue is on track for release on October 28th. The only problems we’ve encountered are for the combi pack release.

Obviously, this is as annoying and upsetting for us as it is for you - the string of recent delays have been varied and unfortunate in our first year and for our first run of title releases. We appreciate your patience as you bear with us through these problems as we strive to deliver a quality product that is worth you parting with your hard earned cash.

It's rather amazing they only discovered packaging issues a few days before the street date. I thought these things were done weeks in advance.

They are - but in this case we were delivered incorrect grids from the replicators so when designs came in we had to re-do them to fit which slowed things down. Was a situation out of our hands and we just reacted to cope. Hardly enamoured by it myself and have instigated a policy of until we have a set number of items locked in for release, not setting a release date to avoid this from Q1 onwards :).

Best,

Andrew

Just Passing Through said:

Outlaw Star -> My fault - authoring house needed a resupply of subs I have on a HD somewhere in cold storage but have been away for 3 weeks straight on aforementioned personal matters. Very sorry.

Tiger & Bunny -> We only just received bonus content so are moving quickly to integrate. I refused to release a product like that without content such as that though even if it means delays.

Still delays, but at least they are specified now -_-!

Andrew

anime_andrew said:
Just Passing Through said:

Outlaw Star -> My fault - authoring house needed a resupply of subs I have on a HD somewhere in cold storage but have been away for 3 weeks straight on aforementioned personal matters. Very sorry.

Tiger & Bunny -> We only just received bonus content so are moving quickly to integrate. I refused to release a product like that without content such as that though even if it means delays.

Still delays, but at least they are specified now -_-!

Andrew

Oops, I meant unspecified as in lacking a new set release date.

You should take in mind what I said back in the Anime on Demand days - add a couple of months to any initial date you set before announcing. If everything goes according to plan you can then release it "early" and surprise everyone :)

Works for Montgomery Scott.

Shiroi Hane said:
If everything goes according to plan you can then release it "early" and surprise everyone :)

Works for Montgomery Scott.

MVM too, judging by how often they start selling things on their site a few weeks before the official release date.

Update Schedule with new licenses:

MVM
Infinite Stratos
Dusk Maiden
Btoom
Campione
Girls und Panzer
From the New World
Night Raid 1931
Ikki Tousen series 3 and 4

Manga
Psycho-Pass
Dragon Ball GT
Naruto Shippūden Movie 4: The Lost Tower
Eva 3.33

Anime Limited
Hal

I know there are still a few to put into but this is just an update of the ones done already.

I was here updating the final new licenses but am still missing Familiar of Zero and some others. Regarding Familiar of Zero, how many seasons were licensed??

bakum4tsu said:
I was here updating the final new licenses but am still missing Familiar of Zero and some others. Regarding Familiar of Zero, how many seasons were licensed??

MVM licensed seasons 1-3 of The Familiar of Zero.

Tweet

Back