UK Anime Christmas Sales for 2023 [Anime Ltd's 12 Days of Xmas + More]

I do understand they're busy (and are a smaller company, if I'm not mistaken?), but only selectively responding to easily answerable questions while the sale is still going on is a bit of a shame to me. Could've cleared up some stuff/criticisms people have mentioned during the sale (4K price not being dropped despite there being a 4K day etc.). Maybe there'll be a retrospective comment on those issues, but that seems a bit too late in my opinion. Though I do hope they at least will answer eventually. Better late than never, I suppose.

I do understand they're busy (and are a smaller company, if I'm not mistaken?), but only selectively responding to easily answerable questions while the sale is still going on is a bit of a shame to me. Could've cleared up some stuff/criticisms people have mentioned during the sale (4K price not being dropped despite there being a 4K day etc.). Maybe there'll be a retrospective comment on those issues, but that seems a bit too late in my opinion. Though I do hope they at least will answer eventually. Better late than never, I suppose.
Nah they are big enough and have been in business a good while and always answered a question when you ask them.
Since they have been taken over they have gone really bad

A lot of the new releases come out on the 18th apparently. Has it been confirmed these are meant to ship for that date or we thinking these won't be shipped till next year?

A lot of the new releases come out on the 18th apparently. Has it been confirmed these are meant to ship for that date or we thinking these won't be shipped till next year?
The early birds were setup so that they will ship before Christmas, which is why there's only 7 instead of the usual 11.

Collector's edition sale item despatched this morning. Waiting on my Green mystery box to be sent.

Cardcaptor Sakura Collector's Edition hasn't arrived either - it was sent the same day as Neon Genesis, which has arrived, so God knows where CCS is 😂

I pretty much got nothing from AL, it is just not worth for anyone outside of UK. even with the free shipping above 100, the custom fees for anything above 100 i would be quite a sum for someone like me in my country. so it is not worth it, which is a bummer.

MVM on Anime on line is a lot better, the combined shipping in total is only 3.99 and i have over 10 or so titles and the mystery boxes.

Speaking of which, has no one gotten the dvd mystery box? not the clearence one but the other? cause mine is looking like it will take till end of dec , start of januray to arrive. im curious to see what is inside, if not its ok, il wait.

I pretty much got nothing from AL, it is just not worth for anyone outside of UK. even with the free shipping above 100, the custom fees for anything above 100 i would be quite a sum for someone like me in my country. so it is not worth it, which is a bummer.
Just FYI, it's not 'import fees' you pay (if you're from Europe). The store doesn't charge VAT/sales tax, so keep that in mind when importing. But with AL's lack of wanting to declare VAT beforehand, it'll take longer with customs and you have to pay the postal service's administration fees. Which could've been all avoided if AL started doing IOSS :/

Actual import tariffs (and sometimes a higher administration fee) are charged when buying stuff valued more than 150€ (shipping excl.).

(Still heard nothing regarding fulfillment of my intl. order, they really are puzzling me in what order they ship orders. Second order from me, I'm assuming they're de-prioritising intl. orders sadly)

Just FYI, it's not 'import fees' you pay (if you're from Europe). The store doesn't charge VAT/sales tax, so keep that in mind when importing. But with AL's lack of wanting to declare VAT beforehand, it'll take longer with customs and you have to pay the postal service's administration fees. Which could've been all avoided if AL started doing IOSS :/

Actual import tariffs (and sometimes a higher administration fee) are charged when buying stuff valued more than 150€ (shipping excl.).

(Still heard nothing regarding fulfillment of my intl. order, they really are puzzling me in what order they ship orders. Second order from me, I'm assuming they're de-prioritising intl. orders sadly)
You won't find any small retailers joining the IOSS, the fees to be a part of it are massive and the amount of paperwork required for processing orders to the EU is not insignificant.

I've done a few orders during the sale (careful decision making initially, followed by "might as well get some more..." later). Everything I bought on day 1 has arrived. The stocking fillers from day 3 have just been dispatched today. The one collector's edition I ordered on the 7th has been dispatched today but the bogofs from earlier that same day haven't.
That's hardly enough for any kind of pattern, but I saw some others are waiting for bogofs, so maaaaybe there's a delay with those? Idk why that would be though as everything I ordered is showing as in stock.

Last edited:
Back