UK Anime Christmas Sales for 2023 [Anime Ltd's 12 Days of Xmas + More]

Sorry if my post before seemed to anyone like I was downplaying the issue, just was saying what had happened with my orders, I agree with various posters here that they've probably been slower this year to ship things out and it's somewhat frustrating! :)
Nah everyones just keeping everyone else up to how orders are shipping so dont worry :)

They just seem to be sending random orders as they come / able to get to stock. No way they're going from Oldest to Newest as none of my orders have been shipped in any real order

so they opened it up beforehand and saw Promised Neverland inside? i kid i kid!
just got mine handed to me by a smiley postman, now I can finally go to the corner shop after waiting in all day 😅
Jumping in here like others but season 1, very good adaptation. I couldn't have asked for more from it really. Season 2... We don't talk about season 2. It's like the war outside of Ba Sing Se. It doesn't exist.

I once got a parcel where the delivery driver just handed it in next door without attempting to deliver it to the correct house, but then again that was Fastways who are basically the Irish equivalent of Hermes.
Fastways? more like wrong way.
Joking aside, for me, Hermes is the one I try to avoid like the plague, I’m fairly lucky in that most delivery drivers are fine in my area but Hermes was the one that gave me grief by not even showing up and saying that they did, that is unless the driver snuck up to the door wearing full camouflage, rubbed said door and called that knocking lol, trying to get through to an actual human being on the phone is next to impossible as well.
Sorry if my post before seemed to anyone like I was downplaying the issue, just was saying what had happened with my orders, I agree with various posters here that they've probably been slower this year to ship things out and it's somewhat frustrating! :)
Don’t worry about it, I did not get that impression at all, it’s good to know that AL haven’t just been twiddling their thumbs this entire time, I just hope that the remaining orders get shipped as soon as possible.

Vinyl day today. BOGOF on all these titles.

The email says you can get all the AoT vinyl sets for less than £100 and also shows JJK0, but none of them are listed on the offer page.
12 days sale in absolute shambles

12 days sale in absolute shambles
It does seem that way with the misplaced deals, orders in limbo and 4K sets either not getting the discount or not getting a special sale day as was implied, I’m not against the 4K sale lasting the whole duration as it’s far less pressure than if it’s just one day but it is confusing when AL give the impression that it is one day, all without any direct communication from them that I know of, they could clear some of this up with some clarification at least.

Last edited:
Yeah i made an order with all the anime - for few collectors and both mystery boxes on the 1st - still not shipped and contacted them this morning but didn't receive response yet.

I was debating the food wars and akame ga kill collectors but not sure yet at the £45 price tag

I'm still waiting for my mystery boxes from day 1 to ship...
May as well add myself to this list.

But mine are apparently being sent via FedEx, so I’m resigned to not getting these for a month or so anyway - after which they’ll be marked as ‘delivered, on time’ to the reception of a company the other side of the country, while still being scanned in at the depot every day. And then comes the fun of trying to persuade them to both find my packages and let me collect (hopefully less than 50 miles away?), only to find the depot deserted and lacking of any communique (or organisation).

I’m assuming there’s none of that ‘holding for a non-stock item’ with mine, because the tracking appeared with the status ‘label created’ a week ago.
Or can this be done several months in advance? I can’t imagine many postal services allowing an indefinite time before shipping.

“Service: FedEx Next Day” - Uh. Why?
Ignoring the fact that FedEx can’t manage Next Day (or any schedule) in the first place, if the parcel doesn’t get sent for days or weeks…?

Last edited:
Fastways? more like wrong way.
Joking aside, for me, Hermes is the one I try to avoid like the plague, I’m fairly lucky in that most delivery drivers are fine in my area but Hermes was the one that gave me grief by not even showing up and saying that they did, that is unless the driver snuck up to the door wearing full camouflage, rubbed said door and called that knocking lol, trying to get through to an actual human being on the phone is next to impossible as well.

Don’t worry about it, I did not get that impression at all, it’s good to know that AL haven’t just been twiddling their thumbs this entire time, I just hope that the remaining orders get shipped as soon as possible.
Fastway have no email or phone no you basically have to pray

Still have no idea if 4K stuff was meant to be reduced during that 24 hours or not. The page is still up on their site and all the prices are still the same after it ending over 24 hours ago

There might be another promotion after Christmas, in a few weeks? No idea if they've done a boxing day or new years sale before @NormanicGrav ?

Still have no idea if 4K stuff was meant to be reduced during that 24 hours or not. The page is still up on their site and all the prices are still the same after it ending over 24 hours ago

There might be another promotion after Christmas, in a few weeks? No idea if they've done a boxing day or new years sale before @NormanicGrav ?
I'm convinced they just can't be bothered to fix the 4K error. It's been discounted for so long before the actual day they may as well keep it open.

I'm pretty sure they've done a sale of some sort around boxing day/new year's. Don't think they've been consistent about it though.

Someone mentioned a lack of participation on this thread by either website. You are dead on .. it's surprising. They have been here the last few years. I wonder if they were too busy, didn't care, or felt there was a negative reception and didn't want to do any damage control

I think they're just really busy, when the sale started, they replied fast, now it's taking longer. Also when I asked about stock of some items, they said they ordered more stock and should be getting in this week, so maybe they don't have everything on hand? First time ordering from them but I know some boutique movie labels take a while to ship when there's a sale going on.

I'm curious, is shipping in UK free even for small orders like two items? So say you wanted to maximize the B1G1 deals, you order in pairs and bundle the more expensive ones together? Since I'm not from UK, I put a bunch in a single order and I see it discounts the cheapest ones. :(

I think they're just really busy, when the sale started, they replied fast, now it's taking longer. Also when I asked about stock of some items, they said they ordered more stock and should be getting in this week, so maybe they don't have everything on hand? First time ordering from them but I know some boutique movie labels take a while to ship when there's a sale going on.

I'm curious, is shipping in UK free even for small orders like two items? So say you wanted to maximize the B1G1 deals, you order in pairs and bundle the more expensive ones together? Since I'm not from UK, I put a bunch in a single order and I see it discounts the cheapest ones. :(
Uk postage is free even if you order an item at £4.99
Different countries i think you have to spend over £100 for free postage

Just recieved my first order (lightning deal). Was due to be delivered yesterday, but it never came. Royal Mail must be in the thick of it with Christmas deliveries and whatnot.

You can also add me to the list with an order placed on day 1 which haven't shipped. Also an order from last Tuesday. Although not like it's a large rush

That's right, the limit for international customers is 100 GBP. Which means I have to bundle B1G1 in a single order to reach free shipping. So yeah, I was right, I as an international customer get a worse deal.. :(

Back