UK Anime Christmas Sales for 2022 [Anime Ltd's 12 Days of Xmas + More]

FjofE2oWQAEbR9T

FjofHQ-XoAEyAPv

Oh nice, the Deer King release has an outer slipcover over the chipboard box, haven't noticed a new release with that in a couple years I think, I kinda missed them.

My biggest takeaway from this is the spine design! No elephant butt or BBFC?! Has Anime Limited FINALLY seen the light! 😂

Says not final artwork but it should be!
Just stop there, you've done good.
Apart from the PG certification these appear identical to the ama-ray covers in the CE set I have, do they not usually use different artwork on the covers between the CE and standard releases?
Just saying, that seems very much just a placeholder image for now, I wouldn't wager on the actual release spines being 100% elephant butt free just yet. ;)

My biggest takeaway from this is the spine design! No elephant butt or BBFC?! Has Anime Limited FINALLY seen the light! 😂

Says not final artwork but it should be!
Just stop there, you've done good.
Maybe just maybe, I hope this isn't just a place holder and is the actual design.

Last Friday I received 2 emails from The Royal Mail saying we have got your parcel, different tracking numbers.

I have 2 orders from the All the Anime sale in transit (the only other order is for some comics and that's it) but I thought they came from Glasgow.

It says Lime Wood Media, is there any connection with AtA? All I can find is a connection with low budget horror and I have not ordered any of that.

Last Friday I received 2 emails from The Royal Mail saying we have got your parcel, different tracking numbers.

I have 2 orders from the All the Anime sale in transit (the only other order is for some comics and that's it) but I thought they came from Glasgow.

It says Lime Wood Media, is there any connection with AtA? All I can find is a connection with low budget horror and I have not ordered any of that.
Lime Wood Media is the fulfilment company that Anime Limited use. Anime Limited's office is in Glasgow but they don't send orders themselves.

Lime Wood Media is the fulfilment company that Anime Limited use. Anime Limited's office is in Glasgow but they don't send orders themselves.
Cool, thanks for the info. I've not been hacked.
Just as well I am not desperate for my stuff.
Dispatched email 2/12/22, Royal Mail send an email saying they've got it 7 days later at the Jubilee MC. o_O

Serious question, I know some of the AL staff seem to actually share info on the Discord so can someone ask what the print run was for the CE of Hal!?! Think I've had 3 copies by this point because of mystery boxes and it's included in the CE deals & Last chance section this year too! Must have been at least 3,000!!

I really wish we would have seen the CCS CE set in redux this christmas :(

Regret missing it but no way am I buying a standard edition for that prize

/Disclaimer Drunk Work Meal Post
Even if tipsy, you managed to evaluate the offering better than me: I thought the ‘standard’ CCS here was the complete thing for £35.
Before realising it was two parts at £35 each. Which makes more sense than the CE having a 20 page book costing a couple of times more than the discs…

But no; that’s priced beyond what I would consider. Possibly because I haven’t seen it, so am not an existing fan, but I would have thought/hoped that the ‘standard’ versions would be aimed at such people while the CE (or UE) would offer collectors more because they’re willing to pay for it.

Can someone explain to me why exactly is AL releasing Nadia on 4K? I mean, no 4K masters exsist, and the Blu-ray version got a 4K restoration. It just seems to me like it would be a complete waste of time to author 4K discs for this series.

Anno I think the reason is Anno.
(A lot cheaper than I expected as I was expected £200 at least but after looking the GKIDS set and the fact no image of the actual set design was shown I’ll wait and wait for reviews in April (sure!))

Regarding Nadia's packaging, their description's pretty vague: "The full set of discs are stored within a rigid slipcase." Is that a digipak? Amaray cases? Maybe that hasn't been determined yet, since there aren't really packaging shots?

Can someone explain to me why exactly is AL releasing Nadia on 4K? I mean, no 4K masters exsist, and the Blu-ray version got a 4K restoration. It just seems to me like it would be a complete waste of time to author 4K discs for this series.
They are able to release a 4K Ultra HD version because the 4K restoration exists. Same reason why Future Boy Conan got one.

Back