UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

IncendiaryLemon said:
Buying bootlegs, as a concept, never made any sense to me. If you're willing to buy bootlegs, why not just torrent shows instead? Not that I condone either but if you are going to rip off the creators/official distributors, so you might as well illegally obtain the shows for free rather than pay some bloke to illegally obtain them for you...

It doesn't to me now and I'm happy to support the current market. Back then though torrenting was very much in it's infancy (we're talking 2002 or thereabouts) and whilst there was were other ways, almost everyone in the country was still on a 56k modem and codec compression vs quality was terrible too.

serpantino said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
Buying bootlegs, as a concept, never made any sense to me. If you're willing to buy bootlegs, why not just torrent shows instead? Not that I condone either but if you are going to rip off the creators/official distributors, so you might as well illegally obtain the shows for free rather than pay some bloke to illegally obtain them for you...

It doesn't to me now and I'm happy to support the current market. Back then though torrenting was very much in it's infancy (we're talking 2002 or thereabouts) and whilst there was were other ways, almost everyone in the country was still on a 56k modem and codec compression vs quality was terrible too.

It would make sense under those circumstances, but the bootleg market appears to still be doing well if eBay is any indication and that just confuses the life out of me.

HdE said:
serpantino said:
I can't imagine anybody subjecting themselves to them intentionally nowadays. You can usually tell very quickly as the disk count is stupid (3 disks if not less for a 26 episode show) and they usually have a big shiny gold circle on the cover. The video quality is also awful as the slightest bit of movement causes everything toturn into a blocky, compressed, mess as they fit so many episodes onto one disk and use a very old and inefficient codec.

Sadly, there are still a few people who seem t be availing themselves of these.

I can vouch for this, I sold code geass anime legends on eBay a few months back and got a message from the buyer saying that he was disappointed that it didn't contain all 52 episodes like other sellers. I obviously pointed out that no legitimate release contained both seasons in 1 box and that he was after a fraudulent copy which I don't endorse and neither does eBay.

I didn't hear back from him or received any kind of feedback so I count it as a win.

IncendiaryLemon said:
It would make sense under those circumstances, but the bootleg market appears to still be doing well if eBay is any indication and that just confuses the life out of me.

If it's any consolation, I get the impression that the bootleg market has shrunk a bit. Most folks in the online anime community (and by that, I mean anyone who has the means and inclination to click around on forums and read up on stuff to do with their hobby) seem pretty well educated as to the perils of Ebay. The bootleggers seem to be selling either to newbies who know no better or folks who probably aren't inclined to spend a lot of money on official releases anyway.

Rice Digital have just started their Black Friday Deals; and there is some 'interesting' offers to be had (such as Half-Price on Exclusive Collectors Edition Bundles).

Rice Digital offers FREE UK Shipping and offers worldwide shipping.

BlazBlue ChronoPhantasma Extended (XB1 / PS4) - £29.99
BlazBlue CrhonoPhantasma Extend – Chibi Heroes Edition (PS3 / PS Vita) - £24.99
BlazBlue CrhonoPhantasma Extend – Chibi Heroes (PS4 / XB1) £29.99
BlazBlue Chibi Heroes Content (Plush and Badges) - £15
Corpse Party (PS Vita) - £24.99
Corpse Party – Everafter Edition (PS Vita) - £44.99
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution - Samurai Edition (PS3 / X360)- £25.00
Persona 4: Dancing All Night – Disco Fever Edition (PS Vita) - £54.99
Persona 4: Dancing All Night – Disco Fever Edition (PS Vita) + T-Shirt + Bonus PS3 Game - £64.99
Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson (3DS) - £24.99
Steins;Gate – Limited Edition (PS3 / PS Vita) - £19.99
Steins;Gate – El Psy Kongroo Edition (PS3 / PS Vita) - £24.99
XBLAZE: Code Embryo (PS Vita) - £20.00
XBLAZE: Code Embryo (PS3) - £20.00

There's also some discounts on a lot of other items (such as anime dvds, merchandise and so forth); so it's worth having a look.

So tempted by Steins;Gate from RD AND Kill la Kill Part 2 is finally below £40! Jesus my wallet! I already spent like £40 yesterday on Anime, I don't know if I can handle this! I'm going to have to check what money I have...

I take it these offers end after Friday?

Maybe it's just me, but so far Black Friday has been really bland. Even Amazon, who last year had deal upon deal I wanted to buy, have been crap this year. To be honest, I think Black Friday is a fad, and I'd be surprised if it still exists in a few years.

Not sure why I'm complaining, this is probably a good thing, I'm trying to save up for a video games console.

IncendiaryLemon said:
So tempted by Steins;Gate from RD AND Kill la Kill Part 2 is finally below £40! Jesus my wallet! I already spent like £40 yesterday on Anime, I don't know if I can handle this! I'm going to have to check what money I have...

The Deals end Sunday (from what i've been told).

£40 isn't a lot; it's only the standard price of a game.

During the Madman promotion i spent around £120 within 48 hours.

As someone who currently has no income, I'd like to spread my spending out. I have about £450 left until I find another job and I have no idea when that's going to be and with Christmas coming up, I'm going to have to start being real frugal.

IncendiaryLemon said:

Wouldn't pull the KLK trigger too quickly. Zavvi had it up for £28.99 a few weeks ago. Could see a bigger drop for Christmas.

Jatz said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

Wouldn't pull the KLK trigger too quickly. Zavvi had it up for £28.99 a few weeks ago. Could see a bigger drop for Christmas.

With the Anime15 discount code it comes to £28.89.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Jatz said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

With the Anime15 discount code it comes to £28.89.

Yeah, but I could see Zavvi dropping the price to £25 or lower (like they did with S1 last year). Part 2 could pop up on the AllTheAnime Christmas sale, too. :)

Emo185 said:
Rice Digital have just started their Black Friday Deals; and there is some 'interesting' offers to be had (such as Half-Price on Exclusive Collectors Edition Bundles).

Steins;Gate – Limited Edition (PS3 / PS Vita) - £19.99
Steins;Gate – El Psy Kongroo Edition (PS3 / PS Vita) - £24.99

There's also some discounts on a lot of other items (such as anime dvds, merchandise and so forth); so it's worth having a look.

Slightly annoyed that after two or so months of hassle getting my whole Rice Digital order sent to me, it's now half price.... ^^'

Rightstuf Holiday Sale - The Winter Sales Are Coming: Day 15

You can still check out the other offers available from the previous days, these will all last until the season is over.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.Mon.. | .Tue.. | .Wed.. | .Thu.. | ..Fri... | ..Sat.. | ..Sun..
******** | ******** | ******* | Day 01 | Day 02 | Day 03 | Day 04
Day 05 | Day 06 | Day 07 | Day 08 | Day 09 | Day 10 | Day 11
Day 12 | Day 13 | Day 14 | Day 14
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: Prices listed below do not include Postage or possible Customs/VAT.

MEGADEAL (1 DAY ONLY OFFER):
D-Frag: Complete Series Limited Edition (Blu-ray & DVD) - $34.99

LIMITED TIME OFFER:
Anime:
A Certain Magical Index: Part 1 Limited Edition (DVD) - $25.99
A Certain Magical Index: Part 2 (DVD) - $23.99
A Certain Magical Index II: Part 1 (Blu-ray & DVD) - $25.99
A Certain Magical Index II: Part 2 (Blu-ray & DVD) - $25.99
A Certain Magical Index the Movie: Miracle of Endymion (Blu-ray & DVD) - $15.99
Akira: 25th Anniversary Edition (Blu-ray & DVD) - $13.99
Blood-C: Complete Series Limited Edition (Blu-ray & DVD) - $27.99
Casshern Sins: Complete Series (Blu-ray & DVD) - $29.99
Claymore: Complete Series (Blu-ray) - $21.99
Cowboy Bebop: Complete Series (DVD) - $21.99
Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker (Blu-ray & DVD) - $6.29
Dragon Ball GT: Complete Series (DVD) - $31.29
Dragon Ball: Season 1 (DVD) - $15.69
Dragon Ball Z Kai: Season 1 (Blu-ray) - $27.49
Dragon Ball Z Kai: Season 2 (Blu-ray) - $27.49
Dragon Ball Z Kai: Season 3 (Blu-ray) - $27.49
Dragon Ball Z Kai: Season 4 (Blu-ray) - $27.49
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray & DVD) - $17.49
Fairy Tail: Collection 1 (Blu-ray & DVD) - $21.89
Fairy Tail: Collection 2 (Blu-ray & DVD) - $21.89
Fairy Tail: Part 12 (Blu-ray & DVD) - $21.89
Fairy Tail: Part 13 (Blu-ray & DVD) - $21.89
Fairy Tail: Part 14 (Blu-ray & DVD) - $21.89
Fairy Tail: Part 15 (Blu-ray & DVD) - $21.89
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood: OVA Collection (Blu-ray & DVD) - $7.99
Fullmetal Alchemist: Complete Series Collector's Edition (Blu-ray) - $179.99
Fullmetal Alchemist: Complete Series Limited Edition (Blu-ray) - $67.99
Fullmetal Alchemist: Complete Series Standard Edition (Blu-ray) - $32.99
Ghost in the Shell ARISE: borders 1 & 2 (Blu-ray & DVD) - $15.99
Hellsing: Complete Series Anime Classics (DVD) - $13.99
Hellsing Ultimate: Volumes I-IV (Blu-ray & DVD) - $23.99
Hellsing Ultimate: Volumes V-VIII (Blu-ray & DVD) - $23.99
Hellsing Ultimate: Volumes IX-X (Blu-ray & DVD) - $19.99
Hetalia: Axis Powers: Complete Series Anime Classics (DVD) - $13.99
Hetalia: World Series: Complete Series Anime Classics (DVD) - $17.99
Jormungand Perfect Order: Complete Series (Blu-ray & DVD) - $24.99
Kamisama Kiss: Complete Series (Blu-ray & DVD) - $21.99
The Legend of the Legendary Heroes: Part 1 (Blu-ray & DVD) - $23.99
The Legend of the Legendary Heroes: Part 2 (Blu-ray & DVD) - $23.99
Lupin the Third: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine: Complete Series (Blu-ray & DVD) - $24.99
Noir: Complete Series Anime Classics (DVD) - $18.99
Red Data Girl: Complete Series (DVD) - $21.99
Shakugan no Shana: The Movie (Blu-ray & DVD) - $13.99
Shakugan no Shana: S: OVA Series (Blu-ray & DVD) - $13.99
Shakugan no Shana: Season 1 S.A.V.E. Edition (Blu-ray & DVD) - $13.99
Slayers: Seasons 4 & 5 Anime Classics (Blu-ray) - $21.99
Space Dandy: Season 1 (Blu-ray & DVD) - $27.99
Spice & Wolf: Complete Series Anime Classics (Blu-ray & DVD) - $22.49
Strike Witches: Season 1 (Blu-ray & DVD) - $22.49
Strike Witches: Season 2 Limited Edition (Blu-ray & DVD) - $26.49
Trigun: Complete Series Anime Classics (DVD) - $14.99
Trigun: Badlands Rumble (Blu-ray) - $9.99

NORMAL OFFERS:
Anime:
Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day: The Movie: Collector's Edition (Blu-ray & DVD) - $59.98
Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day: The Movie: Standard Edition (Blu-ray) - $34.98
Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day: The Movie: Standard Edition (DVD) - $24.98
Cuticle Detective Inaba: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - $20.99
The Familiar of Zero: Season 1: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - $20.99
The Familiar of Zero: Season 2: Knight of the Twin Moons: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - $23.99
The Familiar of Zero: Season 3: Rondo of Princess: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - $23.99
The Familiar of Zero: Season 4: F: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - $26.99
Infinite Stratos: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - $24.49
Infinite Stratos 2: Complete Collection (DVD) - $20.99
The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors & Hostel Behavior: Complete Collection (DVD) - $22.49
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!: Season 1 Collector's Edition (Blu-ray & DVD) - $51.99
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! Heart Throb: Complete Collection (DVD) - $26.99
My Mental Choices are Completely Interfering with my School Romantic Comedy: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - $20.99
Non Non Biyori: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - $20.99
Yakitate!! Japan: Part 1 (DVD) - $24.99
Yakitate!! Japan: Part 2 (DVD) - $24.99
Yakitate!! Japan: Part 3 (DVD) - $24.99

MANGA/OTHERS:
Eyeshield 21: Volume 1 (Viz Media) - $4.00 *also applies to Vols. 2-37*
Eyeshield 21 Manga Bundle: Volumes 1-10 (Viz Media) - $39.31
Eyeshield 21 Manga Bundle: Volumes 11-20 (Viz Media) - $38.35
Eyeshield 21 Manga Bundle: Volumes 21-30 (Viz Media) - $41.23
Eyeshield 21 Manga Bundle: Volumes 31-37 (Viz Media) - $33.57
One Punch Man: Volume 1 (Viz Media) - $5.00 *also applies to Vols. 2-4*
Satoshi Kon's Opus (Dark Horse) - $10.00

Robert's Anime Corner Store Holiday Sale - Winter und Panzer: Black Friday Offer

SALVO10.gif

You can still check out the other offers available from the previous days, these will all last until the season is over.
.Mon.. | ..Tue.. | .Wed.. | .Thu.. | ..Fri... | ..Sat.. | ..Sun..
******** | Day 01 | Day 02 | Day 03 | ******* | Day 04 | *******
Day 05 | ******** | ******** | ******** |

Save an additional 15% off on any item in stock before Midnight Nov 27th at EDT time.

Code: BLACKFRIDAY2015

Back