UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

IncendiaryLemon said:
Was tempted by Chaos;Head for $10 but after shipping it comes to about £15 which is more expensive than supermart_USA is selling them for on Amazon.

Don't do it at any price, Incendiary - it's a bloody awful show!

HdE said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
Was tempted by Chaos;Head for $10 but after shipping it comes to about £15 which is more expensive than supermart_USA is selling them for on Amazon.

I've heard pretty polarizing opinions on it. I either hear its awful or underrated.

IncendiaryLemon said:
HdE said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

I've heard pretty polarizing opinions on it. I either hear its awful or underrated.

It's one of those shows where it probably should have gotten 2 cours instead of one, especially since it's a big visual novel game (and in fact the first in the Scientific Adventure series that includes Steins;Gate and Robotics;Notes) and the show felt crammed to death. Overall I found it to be average at best.

Funnier note: Fans of the visual novel denied the existence of the anime adaptation.

Rightstuf Holiday Sale - The Winter Sales Are Coming: Day 13

You can still check out the other offers available from the previous days, these will all last until the season is over.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.Mon.. | .Tue.. | .Wed.. | .Thu.. | ..Fri... | ..Sat.. | ..Sun..
******** | ******** | ******* | Day 01 | Day 02 | Day 03 | Day 04
Day 05 | Day 06 | Day 07 | Day 08 | Day 09 | Day 10 | Day 11
Day 12 | Day 13
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: Prices listed below do not include Postage or possible Customs/VAT.

MEGADEAL (1 DAY ONLY OFFER):
DRAMAtical Murder: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - $34.99

NORMAL OFFERS:
Anime:
Akikan!: Complete Collection (DVD) - $17.49
Brighter Than the Dawning Blue: Complete Collection (DVD) - $17.49
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Complete Collection Anime Legends (DVD) - $19.99
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig: Complete Collection Anime Legends (DVD) - $19.99
Girls und Panzer: Main TV Collection (Blu-ray) - $24.49
Girls und Panzer: OVA Collection (Blu-ray) - $13.99
Hakuoki OVA: A Memory of Snow Flowers: Complete Collection (DVD) - $10.49
Hakuoki Season 1: Demon of the Floating Blossom: Complete Collection (DVD) - $20.99
Hakuoki Season 2: Record of the Jade Blood: Complete Collection (DVD) - $20.99
Hakuoki Season 3: Dawn of the Shinsengumi: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - $24.49
Hanasaku Iroha ~ Blossoms for Tomorrow: Set 1 Premium Edition (Blu-ray) - $29.99
Hanasaku Iroha ~ Blossoms for Tomorrow: Set 2 Premium Edition (Blu-ray) - $49.99
Hanasaku Iroha ~ Home Sweet Home: Premium Edition (Blu-ray) - $34.99
Hanasaku Iroha Premium Edition Bundle (Set 1, 2 & Film) (Blu-ray) - $99.99
ICE: Complete Collection (DVD) - $10.49
Juden Chan: Complete Collection (DVD) - $12.49
Majestic Prince: Collection 1 (Blu-ray) - $24.49
Majestic Prince: Collection 2 (Blu-ray) - $24.49
Maria Watches Over Us: Season 1 Litebox (DVD) - $19.99
Maria Watches Over Us: Season 2 Limited Edition (DVD) - $19.99
Maria Watches Over Us: Season 2 Litebox (DVD) - $19.99
Maria Watches Over Us: Season 3 Litebox (DVD) - $14.99
Maria Watches Over Us: Season 4 Limited Edition (DVD) - $19.99
Maria Watches Over Us: Season 4 Litebox (DVD) - $19.99
Meganebu!: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - $20.99
Persona 4 the Animation: Collection 1 [Dub Only] (Blu-ray) - $20.99
Persona 4 the Animation: Collection 2 [Dub Only] (Blu-ray) - $20.99
Persona 4 the Animation: Complete Collection (DVD) - $27.99
Sailor Moon: Set 1 Limited Edition (Blu-ray & DVD) - $44.99
Sailor Moon: Set 1 Standard Edition (Blu-ray & DVD) - $39.99
Sailor Moon: Set 1 Standard Edition (DVD) - $19.99
Sailor Moon: Set 2 (Blu-ray & DVD) - $41.99
Sailor Moon: Set 2 Standard Edition (DVD) - $19.99
Sailor Moon Bundle (Set 1 LE & Set 2) (Blu-ray & DVD) - $83.99
Tiger & Bunny: Set 1 (Blu-ray) - $27.49
Tiger & Bunny: Set 2 (Blu-ray) - $27.49

IncendiaryLemon said:
HdE said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

I'll review it on my Youtube channel at some point. But the long and the short of it is, it starts VERY well, but about halfway through it trips and falls flat on its face. Almost as if somebody said 'yeah guys... not feeling it. Let's wrap this up and do something else.'

It's a shame, as the show had a LOT of potential, and the tie-up with Steins;Gate and Robotics;Notes is intriguing. But it really is a stinker, IMO.

Jatz said:
NormanicGrav said:

Of all the times for you not to use Girls und Panzer gifs, Norm. :p

Here you go:

SALVO9.gif

The reason for the GuP gifs was for the RACS sale, since that's how they were promoting it.

BARRAGE-HEADER-725.png

Rightstuf has nothing.. well there's this:

CUg8eOYVAAA-ohH.png

NormanicGrav said:
Jatz said:
NormanicGrav said:

Of all the times for you not to use Girls und Panzer gifs, Norm. :p

Here you go:

SALVO9.gif

The reason for the GuP gifs was for the RACS sale, since that's how they were promoting it.

BARRAGE-HEADER-725.png

Rightstuf has nothing.. well there's this:

CUg8eOYVAAA-ohH.png

When I saw the Madoka movies were on sale I was like YESS than it was the DVDS and I was upset. :(

My problem with these sales is the shipping outweighs the savings on shows that also had a UK release. I was going to buy Girls Und Panzer from RS for about £16, which is a great price, but when you add in shipping it comes to about £24, the same price as MVM's BD on Amazon...

IncendiaryLemon said:
My problem with these sales is the shipping outweighs the savings on shows that also had a UK release. I was going to buy Girls Und Panzer from RS for about £16, which is a great price, but when you add in shipping it comes to about £24, the same price as MVM's BD on Amazon...

Yeah the shipping is an issue but on the plus side they protect the sets very well (literally in perfect condition 99% of the time). At least Rightstuf modified it by weight $10 (then another $8-10 after another pound etc.) rather than adding $3.50 for each item after $13.50.

I would only use Rightstuf for what I like to call 'emergency pickups' or any title that you feel is a solid deal.

thedoctor2016 said:
When I saw the Madoka movies were on sale I was like YESS than it was the DVDS and I was upset. :(
Why would you be upset, the Manga release of the Madoka movies is PQ wise exactly the same as the Aniplex releases. The series though, are a different story.

NormanicGrav said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

Yeah the shipping is an issue but on the plus side they protect the sets very well (literally in perfect condition 99% of the time). At least Rightstuf modified it by weight $10 (then another $8-10 after another pound etc.) rather than adding $3.50 for each item after $13.50.

I would only use Rightstuf for what I like to call 'emergency pickups' or any title that you feel is a solid deal.

Yeah, I'm glad they made it better. At least it beats out RACS which is seems pretty ridiculous shipping wise.

Stiivun said:
thedoctor2016 said:
Why would you be upset, the Manga release of the Madoka movies is PQ wise exactly the same as the Aniplex releases. The series though, are a different story.
Because I want the collectors set not just the same PQ and I never knew the PQ was different in the original Madoka ugh may have to get Aniplex's now

Ha, good luck. I've wanted the Aniplex Madoka set for so long and I would give anything to get my hands on the set but it's been OOP for years. I would pay any price necessary for them, Madoka is priceless to me.

Rightstuf Holiday Sale - The Winter Sales Are Coming: Day 14

You can still check out the other offers available from the previous days, these will all last until the season is over.
.Mon.. | .Tue.. | .Wed.. | .Thu.. | ..Fri... | ..Sat.. | ..Sun..
******** | ******** | ******* | Day 01 | Day 02 | Day 03 | Day 04
Day 05 | Day 06 | Day 07 | Day 08 | Day 09 | Day 10 | Day 11
Day 12 | Day 13 | Day 14

Note: Prices listed below do not include Postage or possible Customs/VAT.

MEGADEAL (1 DAY ONLY OFFER):
Tamayura: Hitotose: Complete Collection (DVD) - $22.49

NORMAL OFFERS:
Anime:
AKB0048: Next Stage: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - $24.49
Allison & Lillia: Complete Collection (DVD) - $24.49
Detroit Metal City: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - $13.99
Engaged to the Unidentified: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - $23.99
Gingitsune: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - $23.99
Grave of the Fireflies: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - $23.99
Knights of Sidonia: Season 1 Limited Edition (Blu-ray & DVD) - $44.99
Knights of Sidonia: Season 1 Standard Edition (Blu-ray) - $31.49
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn: Part 1 (DVD) - $14.99
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn: Part 2 (DVD) - $14.99
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn: Part 3 (DVD) - $14.99
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn: Part 4 (DVD) - $14.99
Outbreak Company: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - $27.99
Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie: Part 3 - Rebellion: Standard Edition (Blu-ray) - $34.98

MANGA/OTHERS:
Angelic Layer: Omnibus Volume 1 (Dark Horse) - $10.00
Angelic Layer: Omnibus Volume 2 (Dark Horse) - $10.00
Brave Story: Volume 1 (Tokyopop) - $3.49 *also applies to Vols. 2-5*
Brave Story Manga Bundle (Tokyopop) - $16.93
Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches: Volume 1 (Kodansha Comics) - $5.71 *also applies to Vols. 2-4*

Back