UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

anime_andrew said:
Jatz said:
Elaniel said:

Amazon actually lowered the price again to £39.43. Tempting.

Nads you beat me to that! I'd strongly advise if tempted to yank while you can because we honestly have no idea why Amazon dropped it again except for demand and after pre-order windowing ends they tend to bump that price upwards again so best to grab it while you can (I'd imagine it'll stay that way for maybe a day or so max). Wither way it's not our handiwork!

AP

I bought it (and Giovanni's Island) right after I posted. :lol:

Amazon seem to be reducing a few pre-order prices. My orders for Watamote, Garden Of Sinners and Kabukimonogatari have all dropped since yesterday.

RightStuf Day 7 sales are up:

Examples:
- Blast of Tempest - Season 1 (DVD [1]) - Was $74.98, Now $49.98 (33% off)
- Blast of Tempest - Season 2 (DVD [1]) - Was $74.98, Now $49.98 (33% off)
- Corpse Princess - Complete Series: S.A.V.E. (DVD [1]) - Was $29.98, Now $11.99 (60% off)
- Fruits Basket - Complete Series: Anime Classics (DVD [124]) - Was $49.98, Now $19.99 (60% off)
- Golden Time - Collection 1 (Subtitle only) (Blu-ray [AB]) - Was $59.98, Now $23.99 (60% Off)
- Haibane Renmei - Complete Series: Anime Classics (DVD [1]) - Was $39.98, Now $15.99 (60% off)
- Kokoro Connect - Complete TV Collection (Blu-ray [AB]) - Was $69.98, Now $24.49 (65% off)
- Kokoro Connect - Complete OVA Collection (Blu-ray [AB]) - Was $39.98, Now $13.99 (65% off)
- Mardock Scramble: The First Compression - Film (Blu-ray [A]) - Was $39.98, Now $13.99 (65% off)
- Mardock Scramble: The Second Combustion - Film (Blu-ray [A]) - Was $39.98, Now $13.99 (65% off)
- Mardock Scramble: The Third Exhaust - Film (Blu-ray [A]) - Was $39.98, Now $15.99 (65% off)
- Mushi-shi - Complete Series [Season 1]: S.A.V.E. (DVD [1]) - Was $29.98, Now $11.99 (60% off)

Note that the previous day sales are still available and all won't stop until December 28th.

Emo185 said:
NormanicGrav said:

Note that the previous day sales are still available and all won't stop until December 28th.

I've never actually used RightStuf (due to the fact you have to send card details off on your first order); anyone know what they are like with postage costs and such?

Postage is a pain unfortunately:
$13.50 for first + $3.50 each additional item. Shipped by Brokers Worldwide. Typical delivery time is 1-2 weeks due to customs.

Rightstuf items can dodge customs from time to time, for instance about 75% of my orders dodged customs with only the packages during late Easter were caught (apparently everyone got caught at that time, must be a busy season). I mainly only use them for OOP items and whether the item is at a better price than everywhere else.

NormanicGrav said:
Emo185 said:
NormanicGrav said:

I've never actually used RightStuf (due to the fact you have to send card details off on your first order); anyone know what they are like with postage costs and such?

Postage is a pain unfortunately:
$13.50 for first + $3.50 each additional item. Shipped by Brokers Worldwide. Typical delivery time is 1-2 weeks due to customs.

Rightstuf items can dodge customs from time to time, for instance about 75% of my orders dodged customs with only the packages during late Easter were caught (apparently everyone got caught at that time, must be a busy season). I mainly only use them for OOP items and whether the item is at a better price than everywhere else.

Wow... $13.50; that's like the entire price of the products I was interested in (near enough) hahaha

Tiger & Bunny: The Beginning is on sale tomorrow

oUu6KJi.jpg

-Danielle- said:
Hmmmmm should I go for Tiger & Bunny? Do people enjoy it? Missed Outlaw Star as I said in another post and I am GUTTED.

I went for the AOL DOTW.

This version of Tiger & Bunny seems to be the first of two movies. Not sure if it's the best place to start if you are interested in the series. I think the first half of the movie recaps the first few episodes while opening up other plot points in the second half.

-Danielle- said:
Hmmmmm should I go for Tiger & Bunny? Do people enjoy it? Missed Outlaw Star as I said in another post and I am GUTTED.

I went for the AOL DOTW.
If you've not seen the T&B series, I highly recommend the The Beginning - I saw it before watching the series and was totally sold on the show! Even if you have the series, I'd still say it's worth a buy as the second part of the film is a story not featured in the series.

I said 'series' way too many times in that paragraph... :oops:

-Danielle- said:

I went for the AOL DOTW.

Yep it's definitely worth the purchase.

The film is actually quite interesting as the first half of the film recaps the first 5 or so episodes of the series, i.e. introducing the characters, the teams and the whole point of HERO TV and then the second half of the film focuses on an independent storyline that's not available in the anime series.

Even if you already own T&B the movie is still worth checking out.

Emo185 said:
I've never actually used RightStuf (due to the fact you have to send card details off on your first order)

Do they still ask for this? What kind of archaic system are they running?

I placed an order, but if they ask for scans of my card like they did what, 7ish+, years ago I'm once again going to turn them down.

Morbo86 said:
Emo185 said:
I've never actually used RightStuf (due to the fact you have to send card details off on your first order)

Do they still ask for this? What kind of archaic system are they running?

I placed an order, but if they ask for scans of my card like they did what, 7ish+, years ago I'm once again going to turn them down.

It's actually not as bad as people say.. until you change your address which then it gets quite annoying.

Tiger & Bunny The Beginning Combi Pack from All The Anime

Jatz said:
VoxPhantom said:
Can only seem to choose the £7 recorded delivery... Kind of kills the deal for me :?

Same. I opted against buying it, since I'd rather save my money for Kill la Kill and Hal. :(
I seem to recall Andrew saying something about the free postage option being available for orders over £15.00. I ordered 2 copies, 1 for myself and 1 for my brother so I could use the free post option.

Back