UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

alexrose1uk said:
The original JP BDs were 720P so that's probably the cause of it, Funi have even admitted it's an SD remaster (on the back) which is a shame. Does still look a little better than the DVDs though IIRC.
Unfortunately not. While the Japanese BDs are an upscale from 720p, Funi's US BDs are upscaled from 480i and it shows. It's probably worth what it currently costs while it's on sale, but no more. I pity anyone who paid full whack for it and isn't in the States to return it.

Well, if your eyes can't see anything wrong with it then why worry?

Apart from the ideological standpoint of "**** Funi", which I can completely support.

ayase said:
alexrose1uk said:
The original JP BDs were 720P so that's probably the cause of it, Funi have even admitted it's an SD remaster (on the back) which is a shame. Does still look a little better than the DVDs though IIRC.
Unfortunately not. While the Japanese BDs are an upscale from 720p, Funi's US BDs are upscaled from 480i and it shows. It's probably worth what it currently costs while it's on sale, but no more. I pity anyone who paid full whack for it and isn't in the States to return it.

See I'd thought the Japanese BD's were 720p native (although might have been 1080i). It is a shame that the Funi BDs aren't of the same caliber (like I say, it admits on the back of the casing its an SD Remaster), although I did still think they looked better than the DVDs, likely simply because they've been professionally upscaled rather than by consumer equipment.

It's a series I watch for the content more than the looks anyway so I perhaps paid it less noticed than I otherwise might.

mangaman74 said:
Voddas said:
After clicking on your link manga, I nearly spent £80! Why am I so weak... TT_TT

:eek: Ah! My Goddess was only £9.99. What else did you buy?

Didn't actually spend that much, but nearly did... I just got weak at the knees just thinking about increasing my DVD/Blu-ray collection. That's all. =P

Re: Play have start

Just Passing Through said:
Play have started their XMas Sales...

Wvangelion 1.11 BD for £6.99
TGWLTT single disc DVD £2.99
Eden of the East King of Eden £5.99
Black Butler S1 Part 1 £6.99
and more

Bargain and bought!

mangaman74 said:
ilmaestro said:
Damn, I love shrinkwrap and don't in any way just throw it away asap.

I don't throw the shrinkwrap away either.

:? What the heck do you guys do with all your shrinkwrap then? Are you attempting to save it up until you have enough of it to be able to shrink wrap your entire body, and so seal yourself in using the super powers of shrinkwrap until we hit 2030 and a new epoch begins? I guess it's cheaper than cryogenic freezing, actually I'm not sure as you'd probably have to buy a lot of DVD's to get the desired amount....

Fabio, you just cost me £27.85 I really didn't need to spend right now.

vashdaman said:
:? What the heck do you guys do with all your shrinkwrap then?
207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Back