UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

ilmaestro said:
Death Note is awesome right up until it finishes, and then there are a bunch of episodes afterward that should never have been made.

Truedat.

But yeah, I have bought SW/GWLTT Blu-ray, GITS:SAC 1&2 and Death Note....Must...stop...buying...rediculous...deals...

Paradox295 said:
The full list is here: http://www.zavvi.com/dvd/offers/manga-2 ... rsary.list

It's a 20th anniversary thing.

130816331578.jpg

Just spent £30 I even have. JOY.

Yeah it seems a bit fishy don't you think? Has anyone had anything dispatched yet? I made around 5-6 different orders and everything is still 'processing'.

I think the sale was a bit more popular than they expected!

I'm reasonably confident they'll honour the lower prices. It's unlikely that they were mispriced because it's been over two days since the promotion started, there must have been a ton of orders, and some items fell in price between Saturday and Sunday. I'd assume the price rises are down to greater than expected demand.

The Hut Group are largely useless, though, so nothing would surprise me.

Incidentally, where's the HMV sale that Manga mentioned on Twitter? I've been keeping an eye on the site but nothing yet.

Hawthorns said:
Yeah it seems a bit fishy don't you think? Has anyone had anything dispatched yet? I made around 5-6 different orders and everything is still 'processing'.
Most of the items are "usually dispatched within 3 days", which in The Hut Group Speak means "usually dispatched within substantially more than 3 days, less if you're lucky".

fabricatedlunatic said:
I'm reasonably confident they'll honour the lower prices. It's unlikely that they were mispriced because it's been over two days since the promotion started, there must have been a ton of orders, and some items fell in price between Saturday and Sunday. I'd assume the price rises are down to greater than expected demand.

The Hut Group are largely useless, though, so nothing would surprise me.
The last two times Zavvi did similar anime sales the prices curved over time, dropping and then going back up. They'll probably be higher tomorrow than today. And last Tuesday they were higher than they are today too.
I ordered a pile of volumes I needed to finish series back in the ADV one a month back, and well, I'm still waiting for four to be sent.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Hawthorns said:
Most of the items are "usually dispatched within 3 days", which in The Hut Group Speak means "usually dispatched within substantially more than 3 days, less if you're lucky".
Well i've been charged for stuff that hasn't according to The Hut been sent off yet. I'm wondering if it's the false status issue in which I had ages ago.

I somewhat doubt this HMV sale is going to happen for anime now.

reborn said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
Hawthorns said:
Well i've been charged for stuff that hasn't according to The Hut been sent off yet. I'm wondering if it's the false status issue in which I had ages ago.

I somewhat doubt this HMV sale is going to happen for anime now.
They just said it will be next monday.

Seems The Hut have messed up afterall (most likely Zavvi too), just got half of my order and that half is still marked as "Awaiting Despatch".

Back