UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Just Passing Through said:
Oh you beauty!
I had just one UK Blu title that I was still after, and Eden of the East was it.
Wallet lighter!
But not by as much as I was prepared to pay. :D
Oi, no rubbing it in!

I might get Sengoku Basara for £9. It's not something I'd want to spend too much on. Mnemosyne for £3.85 is quite a bargain too, though I already own the R1.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Oh you beauty!
I had just one UK Blu title that I was still after, and Eden of the East was it.
Wallet lighter!
But not by as much as I was prepared to pay. :D
Oi, no rubbing it in!

I might get Sengoku Basara for £9. It's not something I'd want to spend too much on. Mnemosyne for £3.85 is quite a bargain too, though I already own the R1.

It's kismet. I paid £18 for Summer Wars and TGWLTT, and it's about £7 now.

Also notice that buying GITS and GITS Innocence Blus individually is cheaper than buying the twin-pack by about £3.

Trouble is that I own most of this stuff already, at least on DVD. Tempted by Sengoku Basara Blu too, simply because it had more extras, but I was only entertained by the DVD, not particularly blown away by the content.

EDIT: Rin Daughters of Mnemosyne was the first Manga series I noticed with a native PAL transfer, if that nudges you in the direction of spending.

Paradox295 said:
Also notice that buying GITS and GITS Innocence Blus individually is cheaper than buying the twin-pack by about £3.

It's a total of £9.70. Cheapest price for the twin pack is £8.49 at HMV:
http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDet ... sku=211525

I meant cheaper than buying it at Zavvi in the same promotion.

I might add that it cost me £7.99 from HMV in March, but I won't.

:p

Mindlessly bought Basara again just to have a DVD copy too at that price >_>;

Also grabbed the second Bleach movie even though I hated every minute of the first, just so that I can confirm to myself that I was right to drop the series. Also, Hitsugaya.

R

Nice manga sale, ended up ordering just Summer Wars / The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (for the TGWLTT BD), Noein (somehow I still don't have this, despite how cheap it has been elsewhere before), Basara (glad I was so tardy ordering this!), and xxxHOLiC (I don't even really want the anime of this that much, but yeah, CLAMP).

fabricatedlunatic said:
I still don't have either movie on BD, but I'd only want to watch the first one again. Innocence... *shudder*.
fwiw, Innocence is simply an amazing visual experience on BD, worth it (given the cost of the twin pack) just from that point of view, imo.

ilmaestro said:
fwiw, Innocence is simply an amazing visual experience on BD, worth it (given the cost of the twin pack) just from that point of view, imo.
I can very well imagine that it is. Even the DVD looks stunning.

But in the end I just ordered Sengoku Basara BD. Everything else I already bought at three times the current sale price ( ;_; ) or don't want.

sean morrison said:
Hawthorns the baccano set is £11.85 in the zavvi sale just now if you haven't bought it yet.

Is Death Note a good show?
Oh for crying out loud :evil:... bought. :lol:

EDIT: Eva 1.11 and the GitS double are now even cheaper than HMV, bought them. I must have spent nearly £100, but I got most of Manga's stuff I wanted. :D

(Must sell crap in CeX next weekend :p ..)

Back