UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

AL's DOTW is The Case of Hana & Alice for £7.99 (DVD) and £9.99 (BD).

niche offer, but Cat's Eye S1 is £31.63 on amazon
this is a Region 1 US import and the price includes shipping and taxes, cheapest it's been & best price it's likely to be for a long while

niche offer, but Cat's Eye S1 is £31.63 on amazon
this is a Region 1 US import and the price includes shipping and taxes, cheapest it's been & best price it's likely to be for a long while

Ooh! hopefully this will last until Thursday for when I get paid.

Ask and you shall receive!!!

Man, goddamn Zavvi.

They sent me the wrong item after I received my order and customer service is requesting that I not only ship the wrong item back to them, but that they won't provide a prepaid label and I will have to pay for shipping myself. They promised to reimburse my shipping cost but I can already tell that will be a major pain in the ass to follow up on.

Shipping also costs £36.07, according to USPS, when the blu-ray I purchased was £36.43.

Man, goddamn Zavvi.

They sent me the wrong item after I received my order and customer service is requesting that I not only ship the wrong item back to them, but that they won't provide a prepaid label and I will have to pay for shipping myself. They promised to reimburse my shipping cost but I can already tell that will be a major pain in the ass to follow up on.

Shipping also costs £36.07, according to USPS, when the blu-ray I purchased was £36.43.

I wouldn't be happy doing that especially at that cost relative to item price, I think if I paid on CC I'd be tempted to call their bluff and say to provide you with paid for shipping, fully refund you and you will disband the item for them, or you can pursue clawback of funds with CC company if they won't play ball.

CC refund though tends to ruin your relationship with the company, so use as last resort, and only if you don't care to use Zavvi again.

I wouldn't be happy doing that especially at that cost relative to item price, I think if I paid on CC I'd be tempted to call their bluff and say to provide you with paid for shipping, fully refund you and you will disband the item for them, or you can pursue clawback of funds with CC company if they won't play ball.

CC refund though tends to ruin your relationship with the company, so use as last resort, and only if you don't care to use Zavvi again.
Yeah, I'm definitely not happy and thinking about what to do next.

I do have it in writing multiple times with their customer service that they'd refund the entire £36.07 shipping but I'm also thinking that it'll probably take multiple attempts later to get that repaid.

THG (the owners of Zavvi) issued another profit warning a few weeks ago (its fourth in the past year) and they've been winding down some of their other sites (like Popinabox), so it might be best to get those refunds while you still can!

THG (the owners of Zavvi) issued another profit warning a few weeks ago (its fourth in the past year) and they've been winding down some of their other sites (like Popinabox), so it might be best to get those refunds while you still can!
Damn, don't the own Arrow Video too? 😕

Back