UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Doesn't look like it, just the six TV series discs. Besides, the TV series was ADV, the OVA Manga (in the US, dunno about the UK) so unless they got together and had Manga ADV babies...

EDIT: The movie (a.k.a. OVA) is available through Playtrade so I guess Manga did release it here

The Book Depository are doing a sort of viral marketing thing where you can send an email with a 10% off voucher to up to ten people at a time for which you will get a 10% off voucher for just sending the vouchers and another one for each person that actually buys something using their voucher. I'll probably be getting some manga and Crimbo presents next week when my credit card payment clears.

Dracos said:
The Book Depository are doing a sort of viral marketing thing where you can send an email with a 10% off voucher to up to ten people at a time for which you will get a 10% off voucher for just sending the vouchers and another one for each person that actually buys something using their voucher. I'll probably be getting some manga and Crimbo presents next week when my credit card payment clears.

Cheers for that, got me some Iain M Banks coming my way at 10% off.

Nice one, Draconian. There was a 10% off code that could be abused the same way around a few months back, and I used it to get Tuxedo Gin, School Rumble and most of Please Save My Earth. Already got myself 4 vouchers.

There isn't much I want, this time around, but Ghost Hunt is quite tempting. And if I get into any of the V1's I own, the 10% will ease the pain of buying more volumes.

$50 MSRP stuff is generally under the limit at DVDPacific now, fabby, since the £ recovered a bit againt the $. Worth checking the official HMRC exchange rate each week though, as it's right on the borderline atm.

ilmaestro said:
$50 MSRP stuff is generally under the limit at DVDPacific now, fabby, since the £ recovered a bit againt the $. Worth checking the official HMRC exchange rate each week though, as it's right on the borderline atm.
Bit iffy when the exchange rate is this tight, as it could change for the worse as the package is en route. Also, how do they calculate shipping these days?

$4.99 for international shipping. Exchange rate that it will get calculated at can't change really I didn't think, HMRC uses the "official" one that it publishes on its website. et voila. Would avoid ordering stuff that might arrive the next month, though, when it is as close as it is atm. Obviously still cheaper to order Otome from that seller, but for any other $50 you have been thinking about, might be an option.

ilmaestro said:
$4.99 per item. Exchange rate that it will get calculated at can't change really I didn't think, HMRC uses the "official" one that it publishes on its website. et voila. Would avoid ordering stuff that might arrive the next month, though, when it is as close as it is atm.
An item being anything from a single to a multiple-disc box set? That would be handy.

HMRC do have weekly exchange rate updates, though it seems that's more for drastic currency fluctuations in some of the worlds less "stable" countries. Cheers for the advice.

I don't know how "big" an item covers, but certainly it's not solely on disc count. I guess maybe larger stuff might count as more, but I can't remember the last R1 thing I bought that wasn't the size of a single DVD case these days. And yeah, I'm also pretty sure the weekly updates for the main currencies are not relevant to this issue, for the $ etc it just goes by that monthly rate.

Back