UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Optimum's issue isn't so much appealing to the family market, it's appealing to a market that doesn't really "know" Ghibli in the first place. Not as big a problem in Japan.

Stuart-says-yes said:
Just Passing Through said:
Anime on Line has a wodge load of Beez single volumes at £3.99 each.

Good for filling gaps.

Planetes Collection Part 2 is £4.99, Planetes V1 double pack is £3.99. Leaves just one volume to find...

Thanks passing through, I planned on buying haruhi for £15 for the AL box but I can buy the singles and save 3 quid, plus box 4 has Churuya on it.

Maths fail. 4 discs = £16 > AL =£15

More cheapness just noticed.

Rahxephon complete series bundle with movie £19.99
Noir Complete Collection £14.99
Peacemaker Complete Collection £14.99
Gilgamesh Complete Collection £14.99

ayase said:
I thought those had gone out of print. How is it that the shambling zombie corpse of ADV UK is still alive? Do they just keep finding more boxes of unsold DVDs, or is somebody actually reprinting them?
Nope they're permanently dead, that's just the overstock.

ayase said:
I thought those had gone out of print. How is it that the shambling zombie corpse of ADV UK is still alive? Do they just keep finding more boxes of unsold DVDs, or is somebody actually reprinting them?
Boxes of unsold DVDs, most likely.

I remember seeing a few boxes of GitS: SAC singles in a Fopp in London :lol:

That could be the very same Fopp from which I bought my SaiKano boxset on a whim, Paradox. On rare occasions one could find tempting items of stock on offer.

Shopto.net has manga titles on special including

Hellsing Ultimate £4.85
Astro Boy £2.86
Sherlock Hound £11.86
Sky crawlers £7.85 (DVD)/£9.85 (Blu-ray)
Shigurui: Death Frenzy £6.85

Go to www.shopto.net, click on "movies" & look for the "Manga video from £2.86" link on the right-hand side of the page. (I tried posting the link but it is too long).

It still doesn't feel like Death Note is actually "cheap" cheap, though, for some reason, even with it being a slightly longer series. I do kind of want to buy it, though.

ilmaestro said:
It still doesn't feel like Death Note is actually "cheap" cheap, though, for some reason, even with it being a slightly longer series. I do kind of want to buy it, though.

Feel the same way- the other issue is that I have volume 3 already so I'd feel bad about buying it again- even if its only a small part.

Aogu said:
ilmaestro said:

Feel the same way- the other issue is that I have volume 3 already so I'd feel bad about buying it again- even if its only a small part.

No offence but why do you have only volume 3? of all the volumes to have that's probably the worst. =S Surely if you were just going to dip in for a single volume 1 or 2 would've been better, or 5 if you're a fan of Near and Mello

Back