UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Don't know the level of interest but Amazon have Date a Live Season 3 for £34.97 at the moment. Cheaper than the Madman version floating around and certainly cheaper than the usual £50+ before fees

Bah! I'm still struggling with June.

Plus, I'll be spending all my money at the Edinburgh Festival during the sale period, anyway.

Any good? New deal of the week from AL

I had pre-ordered this as it sounded right up my Shinkai-type-fan street and for me it's a good effort but not to the level of Your Name or Weathering with You as a comparison. Character art is good and background art is more impressionistic and raw in design, as opposed to the relatively more common polished style, which should not be a bad thing at all but still overall I felt it was okay but nothing special. Likewise story and music likeable but not as amazing as I've found in Shinkai's recent output. I would recommend, but personally would prefer a cheaper standard edition at say a tenner, as opposed to the reduced £25 CE. Hope that helps.

I had pre-ordered this as it sounded right up my Shinkai-type-fan street and for me it's a good effort but not to the level of Your Name or Weathering with You as a comparison. Character art is good and background art is more impressionistic and raw in design, as opposed to the relatively more common polished style, which should not be a bad thing at all but still overall I felt it was okay but nothing special. Likewise story and music likeable but not as amazing as I've found in Shinkai's recent output. I would recommend, but personally would prefer a cheaper standard edition at say a tenner, as opposed to the reduced £25 CE. Hope that helps.

Thanks for this, was wavering between the collectors and the standard, and that helped tip the balance.

Thanks for the reply.

I think comparing things to Your Name / Weathering would not be fair 😇

Standard Edition is up as well so something to consider

Also DVD but who watches Anime Films on DVD anymore 😅

Thanks for this, was wavering between the collectors and the standard, and that helped tip the balance.
Thanks for the reply.

I think comparing things to Your Name / Weathering would not be fair 😇

Standard Edition is up as well so something to consider

Also DVD but who watches Anime Films on DVD anymore 😅

My pleasure and apologies in advance just in case you love it and hate me for veering anyone away from the CE! I didn't spend much time checking out mine, but the CE did seem to be another very good quality one (and not too bulky either), in keeping with AL's increasingly rarer lovely digipaks, if you like those enough to pay extra that is.

And yes, I agree that comparing to those Shinkai outputs, whilst inevitable, isn't usually fair heh. Still useful to gauge against for those who don't hate Shinkai.

Well I enjoyed Josee: The Tiger and the Fish much more than A Silent Voice. I'm sure I'll get eaten alive for saying that, though. 😶
How very dare you?!! Who do you think you, nah just kidding heheh. Everyone loves what they love. But for me, as a big Yamada fan, A Silent Voice was utterly and most subtly brilliant, albeit not on the first viewing when I felt it was over-rated, having completely changed my mind on repeat viewings.

Back