UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Sorry guys, you sound like you've had seriously bad luck, not just in the damage in transit/lack of delivery, but also with the lack of customer support. It is hugely frustrating...

I once ordered a mobile phone during one of Amazon's sales and opened the package to find a Mr Muscle!! I was furious when I got them over the phone but fortunately managed to get a full refund. Clearly that can't always be guaranteed as per your experiences unfortunately so all I can do in sympathise...

I'm so jell you got a hilarious story for a bargain price :p 🤣

I've had a lot of stuff delivered but have never had the wrong thing show up. The problem with your scenario is getting them to believe you when you say it wasn't a phone you received but a banana or whatever.

Some people try it on in hopes of getting the item free, there has been a fair bit of fraud with couriers stealing ps5s and things also. Think Amazon are being more careful than they may have been a few years ago in regards to taking customers at their word.

It sucks as the customer though because you have to convince amazon you have received the wrong thing.

I've had a lot of stuff delivered but have never had the wrong thing show up. The problem with your scenario is getting them to believe you when you say it wasn't a phone you received but a banana or whatever.

Some people try it on in hopes of getting the item free, there has been a fair bit of fraud with couriers stealing ps5s and things also. Think Amazon are being more careful than they may have been a few years ago in regards to taking customers at their word.

It sucks as the customer though because you have to convince amazon you have received the wrong thing.
I guess they will go on your past history as well and as for you, until then, I'd had no issues having used them for almost two decades. Therefore maybe that helped convince them (and maybe, but probably not, my fury heh). I can completely understand them being wary of scammers, though they clearly also expect some losses from poorly paid workers helping themselves to some severance packages...

Not truly a bargain but a new listing for an OOP set. I'll just leave it here for anyone interested.

EDIT: Best Offer option available 👍

Last edited:
Picked up Rascal CE as I wanted it.

Did From the New World not get a BR release? MVM seem to have the DVD version but not BR.

Haven't seen anything else to take my fancy yet, want Girls' Last Tour CE but even with the 25% it's more than it is on Amazon atm.

Did From the New World not get a BR release? MVM seem to have the DVD version but not BR.
The Blu-ray parts are no longer in print, plus one of the parts had a technical fault which meant that not many people could actually watch the rest of the series. If MVM were to give the series a complete collection they're better off just taking Sentai's 3 disc collection masters instead.

Hive.co.uk look to have a few of the Magi Parts for some ok prices.
NOTE: 5% off when spending over £10, CODE is:
VCHIVESUMMER20
Also If you use TopCashBack there is a Today only offer of spend £5 or more and get £2 back (Could well take a few months though), but if you have an account and was gonna spend then why not

Magi - The Labyrinth of Magic: Season 1 - Part 1 Blu-ray £9.39

Magi - The Labyrinth of Magic: Season 1 - Part 2 Blu-ray £12.29 also has DVD for £9.39

Magi - The Kingdom of Magic: Season 2 - Part 2 Blu-ray £12.29

Also Erased boxset for about £17, but I'm guessing it gonna be in the AllTheAnime Sale, so would hold off there (I was wrong, oh well)

Last edited:
Back