UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Not sure if this mentioned here already but Zavvi has a March Anime Box set sale

Thanks for the heads up, I'd definitely missed this.

On another note, my brain's reward pathways seem to have been re-wired seeing as I spend more time looking for deals & buying anime than actually watching them...

I am confused why is 5cm Per second so expensive I’m sure that is higher than manga were charging for there SE 2 years ago it’s not even a long film. I think AL really overestimate peoples love of Shinkai

Speaking of Amazon, anyone know if there’s an email address I can send complaints to rather than their web chat/unhelpful phone line? I won’t be buying anything from them from a while, if ever again, after how poorly they have handled the returns/refund of an item that was damaged in transit due to them “packing” it in a massively oversized box with NO padding material whatsoever and then when I told them to arrange collection, not bothering to tell me that they would arrange it for the very next day and expecting me to print out a returns label overnight when I don’t have access to a printer. And then only refunding me the cost of the item without the limited time discount voucher, so it would cost me more to replace the item than I paid for it.

Buy from Zavvi.

Speaking of Amazon, anyone know if there’s an email address I can send complaints to rather than their web chat/unhelpful phone line? I won’t be buying anything from them from a while, if ever again, after how poorly they have handled the returns/refund of an item that was damaged in transit due to them “packing” it in a massively oversized box with NO padding material whatsoever and then when I told them to arrange collection, not bothering to tell me that they would arrange it for the very next day and expecting me to print out a returns label overnight when I don’t have access to a printer. And then only refunding me the cost of the item without the limited time discount voucher, so it would cost me more to replace the item than I paid for it.

Buy from Zavvi.

[email protected] if I'm getting nowhere, used Amazon a lot, only needed that address twice.

Buy from Zavvi.

You're right about amazon but Zavvi and Hermes between them stiffed me out of £64.99 when I tried buying the Perfect Blue Ultimate Edition from them and ended up getting neither the product nor a refund of my money so I'm not so sure about them either :(

You're right about amazon but Zavvi and Hermes between them stiffed me out of £64.99 when I tried buying the Perfect Blue Ultimate Edition from them and ended up getting neither the product nor a refund of my money so I'm not so sure about them either :(

Wait, not even now? Surely you got a refund eventually?

That's odd, I've never had an issue getting refunded from Zavvi.

Can be a bit annoying though as they make you print out and sign a missing item declaration though. I've gotten into the habit of filling it in before declaring an item lost now, though it hasn't happened that often.

Last thing that went missing for me was the John Wick 3 steelbook, which turned up 3 weeks after being refunded and having bought the Amazon version of the steelbook.

That's really quite appalling, but I can see how it happens. Often when I'm hit with anything like this I have to REALLY persevere to get a satisfactory outcome (my next tactic is to write to the seller whose order Amazon fulfilled, telling them how shockingly Amazon have behaved in wrecking their stock in transit by packing it badly - Helpfully they included a note with their e-mail on) and I can see how it would grind other people down to the point they just give up.

Honestly, if you paid £65 and received no product, out of principal I would chase that down until I got a refund.

If the retailer doesn't play ball then my next tactic is usually to contact my credit card company and look at a charge back. Luckily I've only had to do that once or twice in the last decade or so, but AMEX been good to me when I've had to use them for it.

Is it a case of you don't want to spend the time/hassle on it? I can understand that as well. In that case my last missive to the retailer would probably at least bluff that I'd do a charge back even if I wasn't going to, and just stating that you paid money and received nothing is usually enough to get them to sort it by way of a refund.

If the item went missing in the post then they should be able to claim against the carrier.

That's really quite appalling, but I can see how it happens. Often when I'm hit with anything like this I have to REALLY persevere to get a satisfactory outcome (my next tactic is to write to the seller whose order Amazon fulfilled, telling them how shockingly Amazon have behaved in wrecking their stock in transit by packing it badly - Helpfully they included a note with their e-mail on) and I can see how it would grind other people down to the point they just give up.

Ah I wonder if Amazon won't send you another because they aren't the direct seller? In such a case they may only be able to refund it. They are more restricted when it's not sold by them directly.

If there was a voucher applied via a Promo, they should be abler to give you another one to make up for it, in my experience they can usually do £5 promo credits without too much hassle, but they don't seem as good as they used to be. I haven't bought much from them lately so not really had any problems.

Ah I wonder if Amazon won't send you another because they aren't the direct seller? In such a case they may only be able to refund it. They are more restricted when it's not sold by them directly.
That's what they told me, but like, they're the ones who broke it with their crap packing job. It's not the seller's fault at all. Surely they could pay the seller for another one and send it to me since it was fulfilled by them and sitting in their warehouse, but then that's probably far too straightforward and rational.

That's what they told me, but like, they're the ones who broke it with their crap packing job. It's not the seller's fault at all. Surely they could pay the seller for another one and send it to me since it was fulfilled by them and sitting in their warehouse, but then that's probably far too straightforward and rational.

I think in your shoes I would push for refund and a return of the promo credit you spent on good faith on the order, on the basis it wasn't your fault that the item was damaged.

I don't think they can do anything else with it, but they can definitely sort you out a credit.

They might be able to partial discount if the item needs a new box or something, Zavvi do 20% if the item is damaged like one of mine was.

Sorry guys, you sound like you've had seriously bad luck, not just in the damage in transit/lack of delivery, but also with the lack of customer support. It is hugely frustrating...

I once ordered a mobile phone during one of Amazon's sales and opened the package to find a Mr Muscle!! I was furious when I got them over the phone but fortunately managed to get a full refund. Clearly that can't always be guaranteed as per your experiences unfortunately so all I can do in sympathise...

Back