UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Can’t see a thread for difital sales so thought I’d add in here

iTunes (all £3.99 each)
Akira
Ghost in the Shell
Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of the Milos.

I know the top 2 have been at this price quite a few times

Amazon it Chios school road 12€
been watching this drop from 18 eur all week, guess i better get it now before it suddenly skyrockets like another blu-ray i was watching did and like the last lot did lol

Hi, I am new here!! And I need some help..
So I want to purchase Ao Haru Ride/Blue Spring since I can't seem to find it on any streamable site in the UK.
Now from my understanding, Blu Ray is better quality than DVDs so I have been searching for Blu Ray versions. I can only find American (Region A), French (no english subtitles) and Japan (Region A/no subtitles). My best chance will be the American release but I don't have a region free player, only an UK PS4.

I found this comment on this thread from 2017:

Having just tested a bunch of Sentai Geolocked titles on my Xbone, it seems to be early Geolocked titles which cause problems.
Just for transparency sake I tested the following Geolocked discs.

PASS
- Ao Haru Ride

Does this mean that I could play the disc on my PS4 too?

Hi, I am new here!! And I need some help..
So I want to purchase Ao Haru Ride/Blue Spring since I can't seem to find it on any streamable site in the UK.
Now from my understanding, Blu Ray is better quality than DVDs so I have been searching for Blu Ray versions. I can only find American (Region A), French (no english subtitles) and Japan (Region A/no subtitles). My best chance will be the American release but I don't have a region free player, only an UK PS4.

I found this comment on this thread from 2017:

Having just tested a bunch of Sentai Geolocked titles on my Xbone, it seems to be early Geolocked titles which cause problems.
Just for transparency sake I tested the following Geolocked discs.

PASS
- Ao Haru Ride

Does this mean that I could play the disc on my PS4 too?

Yes, the US release works perfectly on UK PS4. That's how I watched my copy.

You can find more info about Geolocking in this thread

A reminder that the 40% off Zavvi sale ends tomorrow, 4th Feb. So, if you were planning on picking anything up and you haven’t already, now is the time!

Back