UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Any retailers to buy this set from? Up1 is out of stock and eBay has it for £70ish and just wondering if there is any places that sells it cheaper.

PS. I already own the MVM Early Days OVA and the Beez Patlabor movies CEs
Thanks
I could only find it on eBay, unfortunately I messsed up and ordered the DVD set and realised after it shipped.. I’ve ordered the Blu-ray set now and done both through the Global shipping programme but it’s damn expensive. Gonna have to try the sell the DVD set but think most people will want it on Blu-ray 😭

With Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection Collector's Edition now shipping, it's probably your last chance to get the set at the £16 price point, as the retailer will either 1) increase the price as soon as it's officially released, or 2) given it's been cheap since September, is likely to sell out instead.

Meanwhile Assassination Classroom Seasons 1-2 collection with Collector's Box is still available at £28.20 if you go through the marketplace list and find Amazon's option. The standard Blu-ray release for ID: INVADED is also still £19.99.

And while it's not exactly cheap, The Weird and Wonderful World of Ujicha did go down to £19.49 recently after being stuck at £24.99 for months.

(Disclaimer: These Amazon links are affiliated)

A fair few people on the forum use it as well, and I've never had a problem with anything ordered. And gives you the option of importing at reasonable price without the hidden import costs.
But yes the website isn't what we would class as the most modern, but it does the job.

There is an added bonus if you want something that isn't on site or is available in a rightstuf sale, phone and ask, they will try their best to help, I've been a happy customer for over 20 years, never had a serious problem and the odd slip is easily sorted with a quick call or email.
There was an old message when they did catalogues way back, "if there's a problem, let them know, they aren't monsters" Still true now
Yep the site is a little outdated but it works fine and as I say if you spot something, they usually sort it quickly.

I've never used UP1 but the website looks like it was written in the stone age!
😂 I agree it’s a little dated but it works and the company get nothing but praise from me. Plus IIRC your card details aren’t saved on the website which I really like coz if the site gets hacked your bank account isn’t gonna be affected.

There is an added bonus if you want something that isn't on site or is available in a rightstuf sale, phone and ask, they will try their best to help, I've been a happy customer for over 20 years, never had a serious problem and the odd slip is easily sorted with a quick call or email.
There was an old message when they did catalogues way back, "if there's a problem, let them know, they aren't monsters" Still true now
Yep the site is a little outdated but it works fine and as I say if you spot something, they usually sort it quickly.
Ahh thats good to know, I didn't know you could ring them up and request stuff in the rightstuff sale, I may have to give that a go sometime.

That message lives on in the website :)

😂 I agree it’s a little dated but it works and the company get nothing but praise from me. Plus IIRC your card details aren’t saved on the website which I really like coz if the site gets hacked your bank account isn’t gonna be affected.
You can't delete card details without deleting account on US site (dunno about UK site). Not letting customers easily delete card details is a big no-no IMO.

I've never seen anything bad said about them here in terms of reliability or anything, but at the same time if the website isn't cared for properly it does make me question what else isn't, and it puts me off using them (personal opinion).

Maybe they'll revamp it one day!

For UK stuff, they're super reliable and quick. My one time ordering a US disc from them I got a faulty copy, not their fault but I emailed a couple times over the course of a few months and never got a reply, still haven't to this day. Ended up ordering it again from RSA during their christmas sale. So I'm a bit more lukewarm on them atm, I recently ordered the US release of Gundam NT from them, we'll see if that turns me off of shopping for US stuff from them.

If it was working in the stone age and still working today

Why change it? :):) ;)

Take a look at the new and improved Alltheanime site. I personally think the old site was far easier to navigate with the only improvement being this page Search
If you're looking for an absolute travesty of a website redesign look no further than the BBFC, the recent overhaul has made it completely worthless..

Any retailers to buy this set from? Up1 is out of stock and eBay has it for £70ish and just wondering if there is any places that sells it cheaper.

PS. I already own the MVM Early Days OVA and the Beez Patlabor movies CEs
Thanks
I think I’m gonna end up with 2 copies of the Blu-ray set if your interested. I thought I’d ordered a DVD copy and re-ordered the Blu-ray set... the dvd copy turned up today and it’s a Blu-ray set. Cost me too much to return it. Might have to wait a couple of weeks for the 2nd set to turn up though

If it was working in the stone age and still working today

Why change it? :):) ;)

Take a look at the new and improved Alltheanime site. I personally think the old site was far easier to navigate with the only improvement being this page Search

Changing for the sake of it doesn't always make sense I agree, but changing to improve UI and perception definitely are worth it imo.

I think I’m gonna end up with 2 copies of the Blu-ray set if your interested. I thought I’d ordered a DVD copy and re-ordered the Blu-ray set... the dvd copy turned up today and it’s a Blu-ray set. Cost me too much to return it. Might have to wait a couple of weeks for the 2nd set to turn up though
Hi.

Tempting.

Hi.

Tempting.
I’ll PM u so I don’t forgot who it was.. I have a memory like a sieve but its up to u. First package does have some cosmetic damage.. I don’t think it’s enough to get any money back or return it though and it’s mostly to the slip cover. The boxes have some bits thats chipped off but u can hardly see it. See what the other one turns up like and we’ll take it from there.

I’ll PM u so I don’t forgot who it was.. I have a memory like a sieve but its up to u. First package does have some cosmetic damage.. I don’t think it’s enough to get any money back or return it though and it’s mostly to the slip cover. The boxes have some bits thats chipped off but u can hardly see it. See what the other one turns up like and we’ll take it from there.
Ok thanks. I also PM you as well

Back