UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

£18.99 on the 13th November on this thread...

£18.99 on the 13th November on this thread...

Ah very true, it must have been ebay or something 🤦‍♂️ my bad.

According to wordery's site these are the current discount codes Wordery Promotional Offers - Discount Codes - Vouchers | wordery.com - your online bookshop - free delivery worldwide

The TENOFF one has changed since I last used it, used to be 2 books or more now its 4.
I got sent a catalogue from them with a code 10XMAS for 10% off 2 or more books. Didn't use it because I bought stuff in the Black Friday code and I sent my mum my wishlist so don't want to risk a double buy. Ends on the 21st.

I got sent a catalogue from them with a code 10XMAS for 10% off 2 or more books. Didn't use it because I bought stuff in the Black Friday code and I sent my mum my wishlist so don't want to risk a double buy. Ends on the 21st.
The thing about these discounts is that the titles that you would want are always either sold out or unavailable or higher priced than other retailers. Its great to get discount codes but man it's tedious trying to find the right books to use for the offer at a short window.

The thing about these discounts is that the titles that you would want are always either sold out or unavailable or higher priced than other retailers. Its great to get discount codes but man it's tedious trying to find the right books to use for the offer at a short window.
Is there somewhere you can recommend for comparing prices or is it just a matter of checking everywhere you can think of?

Is there somewhere you can recommend for comparing prices or is it just a matter of checking everywhere you can think of?
It depends on the publisher, for instance Blackwells tends to be better for Seven Seas & Ghost Ship, while Amazon does the job fine for Viz Media's shonen jump range. There's also Wordery's eBay store which has some differences in pricing.

if you enter the isbn number in google they tend to show most book sites on the shopping tab with all the prices, booksetc is also usually good but for some reason like clockwork atleast on the manga/comics stuff i watch, their prices are high for 2-3 weeks then they kinda drop a couple quid and stay there

I often use piranhas.co. It shows various Amazon sites and both Bookdepository and Wordery. It's far from perfect, as it doesn't account for regional tax differences for foreign Amazon sites and when searching directly on ISBN it won't directly show result for Bookdepository and Wordery, instead you have to click "Search" which opens them in a new tab.

What actually helped me more is keeping track of all the books/volumes I want, when new volumes will be released and what I paid for previous volumes. As soon as a coupon shows up, I simply open my spreadsheet and go over the list. Before I used to spend ages trying to remember what I actually wanted (double checking my shelves), trying to figure out if it's actually a deal (even with the coupon's discount), etc...

There's also the physical bookstore, Forbidden Planet. Not all stores are equal but live near one of the good ones, the one that has a large manga stock, and every single manga volume on there can be used in a 3 for 2 deal. One of the best savings out there for it really.

If anyone's got money left after the AL or MVM sales, I've just seen that HMV are doing one of thier Manga Entertainment sales. It's 40% off DVDs using code MANGA40:-

I'm already £150 in the hole because of 12 days of Christmas so I should probably limit it to a couple of movies...but that ain't gonna happen 💸

Back