UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

IBut I suspect there is no UK release as of yet (If they plan to release in the UK I would think it would be cheaper to wait, but no idea what there plans are and if they have any).

I've seen BBFC commonly cited as the reason why Sailor Moon haven't got a release in the UK. Also I'd assume a great chunk of those wanting to get hold of a English friendly region B release of Sailor Moon have by now imported the Aus version and quite unlikely to double dip on a potential UK version, making releasing it even more of a gamble.

New deals on Amazon:
  • Garden of Sinners [Kara no Kyoukai] Blu-ray Box Set - £80
  • Monogatari series: Second Season Blu-ray Box Set - £55
  • Toradora Blu-ray LE - £34
  • When They Cry [Higurashi] Blu-ray Box Set - £52
(Disclaimer: Amazon links are affiliated, which will support me if you buy anything through the links provided.)

Anybody know something about "When They Cry" collection from UK? They used the same disc as Sentai in individual releases? They fixed some problems (from episode 10 i 16 in 'Kai" series)? Or there is not the same discs?

Anybody know something about "When They Cry" collection from UK? They used the same disc as Sentai in individual releases? They fixed some problems (from episode 10 i 16 in 'Kai" series)? Or there is not the same discs?
Original discs. The complete collection discs only fixed episode 16 (source: I own that set).

AUS version of erased - Blu ray on WowHD are both under £15 so no extra VAT will be added if order seprately, however part 2 is a back order, which I'm yet to do with WowHD.

But a much cheaper alternative to the OOP UK version of volume 1 (but AUS version isn't a collectors edition one)
Volume 2 I don't think is out of print so price isn't super high if you want to investigate a UK version

NOTE: it's a 2 parter and each part/Volume is only 6 episodes, so this may still be a more exspensive set than some (So the full set is only 12 episodes).

Erased Vol 1 Blu ray Aus import £13.42 was 13.60 last night so price may vary a bit
Erased Vol 2 Blu ray Aus import £13.82

I think I saw some Aus version on amazon and ebay (i think around £18) if you really can't wait.

Last edited:
AUS version of erased - Blu ray on WowHD are both under £15 so no extra VAT will be added if order seprately, however part 2 is a back order, which I'm yet to do with WowHD.

But a much cheaper alternative to the OOP UK version of volume 1 (but AUS version isn't a collectors edition one)
Volume 2 I don't think is out of print so price isn't super high if you want to investigate a UK version

NOTE: it's a 2 parter and each part/Volume is only 6 episodes, so this may still be a more exspensive set than some (So the full set is only 12 episodes).

Erased Vol 1 Blu ray Aus import £13.42 was 13.60 last night so price may vary a bit
Erased Vol 2 Blu ray Aus import £13.82

I think I saw some Aus version on amazon and ebay (i think around £18) if you really can't wait.
Surprised at that. The AUS versions of stuff are usually restricted to the .au site on wowhd.

I can't get my head around how this show ive never heard of that's less than 6 rated on MAL gets a UK release but something like Non Non Biyori doesn't. Genuinely baffles me.
I don't put any stock in Mal ratings, besides this has only been rated by 1600 users. For comparison I've seen absolute trash get a high rotten tomatoes rating, because it was only rated by 10 reviewers who like anything.

I don't put any stock in Mal ratings, besides this has only been rated by 1600 users. For comparison I've seen absolute trash get a high rotten tomatoes rating, because it was only rated by 10 reviewers who like anything.

Of course but less than 6 isnt a good sign at all. The fact it has 1600 ratings only further makes me question how this is getting a release over here. Not a single one of my MAL friends has watched this series or even PTW, not one!

Last edited:
Back