UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

I just got it in the mail today and I dont know which edition it is to be honest 😂 It's both region A and B and the DVD is 1, 2 and 4 according to the info sheet. And there is no age restriction thing on the box or the bluray only MA15 on the plastic that I removed 😃
Sounds like you managed to get the out of print North American version that was imported into Australia with the AUS rating on the packaging wrapping plastic thingyagingy.

Here's a bargain that isn't an Amazon one lol.

0yWZPO8l.png

Manga's Q4 slate has been added to United Publications and two of which I want to point out is the regular releases for both Cautious Hero and Quintessential Quintuplets, because on their own they are £17.99 in total which is pretty good for a Blu-ray release.

The limited editions for ARIFURETA, Cautious Hero and Dr STONE Part 2 are also up for pre-order, averaging at about £39 each but keep an eye out as the earlier Manga LEs did go down in price over time.

Here's a bargain that isn't an Amazon one lol.

0yWZPO8l.png

Manga's Q4 slate has been added to United Publications and two of which I want to point out is the regular releases for both Cautious Hero and Quintessential Quintuplets, because on their own they are £17.99 in total which is pretty good for a Blu-ray release.

The limited editions for ARIFURETA, Cautious Hero and Dr STONE Part 2 are also up for pre-order, averaging at about £39 each but keep an eye out as the earlier Manga LEs did go down in price over time.
they won't cancel these will they? i wouldn't mind quint5 on blu-ray

Last week's price drops on those select MVM box sets seem to still be active on Amazon for those interested. My assumption is that once the units have sold out, the prices will go back up.
  • The Eccentric Family Season 1 Blu-ray Limited Edition - £25 (3 units left)
  • The Garden of Sinners [Kara no Kyoukai] Blu-ray Box Set - £80 (13 units left)
  • Girls' Last Tour Blu-ray Limited Edition - £36 (2 units left)
  • Monogatari series: Second Season [Neko White, Kabuki, Otori, Oni, Koi, Hana] Blu-ray Box Set - £55 (4 units left)
  • Princess Principal Blu-ray Limited Edition - £35 (2 units left)
  • Sword Oratoria: DanMachi on the Side Blu-ray Limited Edition - £31 (2 units left)
  • When They Cry [Higurashi] Blu-ray Box Set - £52 (1 unit left)
(Disclaimer: These Amazon links are affiliated, which will support me if you buy anything through the links provided.)

£16.33

£32.68

£24.50

This is not strictly a bargin, and only really applies if you buy things/anime from amazon (and has to be amazon EU Sarl) but basically on topping up £50 with a Visa card that is set to your default payment methord (default methord may not be required but I did it to be safe) will get you an extra £5 store/promotion credit.

So great if your buying say everything in Jon O Fun post as its all amazon and would be over £50 anyway (Although no need to buy £50 worth of stuff, it's only the £5 you need to spend by the end of the month)

Here is the HotUkDeals Link which explains it all if you want to use it or work out what I'm actually on about (Dan_82 is probably the simplest explination of it all).

Last edited:
I went to my local Foyles and bought Seraph of the End Season 1 part 1 on Bluray for £13.50. Comes with artbook and artcards in a slipcase.
I then spotted Season 1 Part 2 on Bluray for similar price but didnt get it. Next visit, it's gone and found out that particular set is literally rare and OOP and missed my chance to get it :(
The shop only has DVD version which I dont really want.

If you really want Seraph of the end Part 2, you could grab it from Cex for £12+2P&P (but there is only 1 copy), also No idea what the condition is and what extra will come with, so possible missing artbook (they currently have the Australian thumbnail, but I assume they would not take Australian version even though they are region B).

However if it is missing the extra I think you should be able to merge it with a DVD version as I think the only differnce is the Disc's and the Blue / gold slip which is removable and has the blurb/details.
But obviously merging get exspensive as your buying two sets.

I also saw a french blu ray set on amazon but that would be in french may have english on the disc but you would have to check

Last edited:
@lonelywolf23786 Could you ask them if they can get them in from another HMV store? (HMV and Fopp are the same company)

Liverpool HMV has had both parts (and the similar Arslan releases) hanging around in their blu-ray bargain bins for about a year.

I would offer to pick one up for you, but I don't think I'll be going there anytime soon.

Or there's a UK eBay seller with stock of the French version for £21.90. It looks the same (other than some relatively small French text on the cover - but you might want to do some further research to make certain!

Germany, France and uk have shared discs.
The packaging text is in the respective language however. (Not sure how much they they have though.)

Back