UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Fairy Tail Collection 3 Blu-ray has dropped in price a bit to £23.89 on Amazon. Though it is slightly cheaper to grab it through United Publications.

Ushio & Tora is also £19.99.

(Disclaimer: Amazon link is affiliated, which will support me if you buy anything through the links provided.)

My Maid sama MVM copy has at the top on the back "With new english dub ....featuring...." (see photo in spoiler) so I would have to guess that but I don't have the sentai version, so it could be something else. I got the impression one of the dubs isn't great from a random google search, but no idea which is which.
20200724_131805.jpg

"New English Dub" refers to the fact, that the first 2 DVD releases by Sentai only included Jap dub.
All releases since 2015 (incl all MVM releases) include the same English Dub.

I actually found out about the special Screen Anime code on my e-mails after I pre-ordered it with the standard Screen Anime code (which I use for other titles). I quickly e-mailed them asking to cancel the order and explained why, and within a few minutes, I had my order cancelled and re-ordered it with the special code.

Next time I make pre-orders, I'll have to make sure to check my e-mails beforehand to avoid making that same mistake.

Not sure if this is really considered a bargin, But Cex is the only other place I know that have goblin slayer CE (and the first time i tried via postal I just got the Amary case with Blu ray and DVD's, so not remotly a CE & resulted in returning).

But goblin slayer CE from ebays "toysandfilms" for £54, they do get imported version but based in the UK, so I don't know which one it is, could be Australian version as it says it is region B, but I checked my EAN for Goblin slayer CE UK version and they didn't seem to match up, so I assuming it is an imported CE.

EDIT: The EAN seem to match up with the AUS version which seem to be very similar if not identical in contents to the UK version, except the DVD's could be region 4.

But if your unsure I suggest messaging them.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is really considered a bargin, But Cex is the only other place I know that have goblin slayer CE (and the first time i tried via postal I just got the Amary case with Blu ray and DVD's, so not remotly a CE & resulted in returning).

But goblin slayer CE from ebays "toysandfilms" for £54, they do get imported version but based in the UK, so I don't know which one it is, could be Australian version as it says it is region B, but I checked my EAN for Goblin slayer CE UK version and they didn't seem to match up, so I assuming it is an imported CE.

EDIT: The EAN seem to match up with the AUS version which seem to be very similar if not identical in contents to the UK version, except the DVD's could be region 4.

But if your unsure I suggest messaging them.

I just ordered Goblin Slayer from that eBay seller yesterday and I would be quite annoyed if they're selling the Australian version because they are using the image of the UK one without any warning texts on the front.

I hope that its the UK one 😓

I just ordered Goblin Slayer from that eBay seller yesterday and I would be quite annoyed if they're selling the Australian version because they are using the image of the UK one without any warning texts on the front.

Does it say the publisher at all? That could be a helpful indication in some cases, as I had to do that with something I was after to make sure it said the right name.

May want to send them a message, it is sunday so they may not have dispatched yet. And yeah they do always provide very little infomation which sucks. But also not sure how easy it is going to be to even get hold of a UK version (certainly New)
I think the AUS version is identical except the DVD's could be region 4 (may have more region just don't know) (link to madman/AUS version page) and looks to be the same art work
EDIT: but yeah not sure what the AUS version do for there certification stickers as in whether they are on the art box or the blu ray case

But I compared the EAN to a Australian seller on ebay and they matched up as the AUS, that why i think it could be AUS

NOTE: UK EAN/barcode for Goblin slayer CE: 5 022366 952347

Last edited:
are those AUS sailor moon seasons a good price or not?
I'm honestly not up to speed on sailor moon and what it goes for. But I suspect there is no UK release as of yet (If they plan to release in the UK I would think it would be cheaper to wait, but no idea what there plans are and if they have any).
It also depends if any of it is out of print, but the price just look like a new ish release import kinda price. The problem with sailor moon for cost is it 5 season and some of those season seem to be split into part.

It also depends on whether you want the Australian Blu ray set for compatability B purposes (The USA set could be compatible but haven't checked).

I suspect they arn't really a bargin after having a quick check on places like WowHD and up1. I would have a look around on the site listed in the first post of this thread

Back