UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

I placed a preorder yesterday and got charged instantly, this also seems to apply to out of stock items as I ordered an out of stock book today and was also charged instantly.

Is there any point in using Amazon anymore? They are not the cheapest, charge for pre orders and shipping. Time to shop elsewhere methinks

I rarely use Amazon anymore. Mainly for xmas shopping really. I'm considering cancelling prime as well as I rarely watch prime video either.

Essentially is Base.com for games and Anime Online for UK releases
Game Collection are also very good for games, usually get games either on release or the next postal day and I'm not in the UK. Smyths are also great, especially if you can get the £5 preorder discount for in store purchase

I would avoid base.com myself as I ordered a instock item then got told it wasnt in stock via their ebay store. Far better etailers out there like shopto.net or game collection or even simply games

Is there any point in using Amazon anymore? They are not the cheapest, charge for pre orders and shipping. Time to shop elsewhere methinks

Clearly you have yet to try to return to, say, Zavvi as opposed to Amazon: free return labels and full refunds... well, for everything I've tried and selected 'performance or quality not adequate'. They're the best store to deal with if you run into problems. Not so much on prices for new things. And apparently not for pre-ordering in hope of mispricing anymore.

Base for blu-rays/games. Wordery for 10-12% off 2nd/3rd books ordered. And UP1/WauHD/VG+ for the rest. This is the path to happiness~

Well, just to play it safe, I ended up cancelling my pre-orders of all 6 volumes of One-Punch Man Season 2 on Amazon Japan (I already have the volumes of Season 1).

I order very little anime from Amazon US or UK because of all-but-guaranteed shipping damage from their abysmal packing, but if they are now charging up front I won't even think about pre-ordering anything from them until a week or less before the release date, then. I already do that with Amazon JP, I pre-order only a day or two before ship date because I always order a NewType magazine with my order to get shipping on a plank-in-a-box to help protect those very-expensive JP LE sets from damage. If I place a pre-order any sooner than that they'll ship out the dang magazine early and separately, which totally defeats the purpose.

Last edited:
Would be nice to have some offer on there though, still have come credits and gift cards to use up somewhen within the next 5 or so years. =/

Back