UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Amazon US is using DPD since a few months. Had some items delivered through DPD and i must admit it wasn't the best of experiences (understatement).

To be fair, I prefer LandMark over DHL

I always find LandMark / Yodel always deliver earlier than the "expected delivery date" that amazon gives

Where as (it seems) DHL always deliver exactly on that date, even if it means taking a few slow days to filter through sorting offices in the UK... With the worse delivery I had it spent a good 2~3 days at the local office just so it could be delivered on that date.

Yodel are definitely the best couriers I've had experience with, they alway seem to delivery at the right time, morning. Hermes, DPD and DHL (only had DHL once though) are okay just there delivery times can be so random, Hermes once didn't deliver when they said it was out for delivery. Amazon Logistics and Parcel force are the worst by far.

in the end customs bill I had was £17 as checked the waybill and it said money was due to be paid. Though this beats the £60 odd ive had to pay royal mail/parcelforce before on a similar value order

Yodel are definitely the best couriers I've had experience with, they alway seem to delivery at the right time, morning. Hermes, DPD and DHL (only had DHL once though) are okay just there delivery times can be so random, Hermes once didn't deliver when they said it was out for delivery. Amazon Logistics and Parcel force are the worst by far.
DPD are the best here in Ireland, they tell you the day before that you'll have a delivery, then text you the next morning with a 1 hour window it will arrive in. If you aren't available it is very easy to arrange delivery with a neighbor, another delivery time or to collect from the depot.

DPD are the best here in Ireland, they tell you the day before that you'll have a delivery, then text you the next morning with a 1 hour window it will arrive in. If you aren't available it is very easy to arrange delivery with a neighbor, another delivery time or to collect from the depot.

They do the same thing in the UK

Per hotukdeals: 2 Months Free Audible.com Membership + 2 Free Audiobooks + $10 Amazon.com gift certificate @ Audible.com

LINK

You can get 2 months free audible.com membership including 2 credits for audiobooks. You get 1 credit immediately after signup which you can redeem for a free audiobook of your choice which you will keep (even after cancellation)

You may also get a $10 Amazon.com gift certificate which will be emailed within 2 weeks (see terms below for qualifying criteria). I dont believe the gift certificate can be used on Amazon UK but handy if you are buying anyway from Amazon.com

You should see this screen when signing up (note the deal url should apply promo code WO88UID295)

K3gyocJ.jpg

You get 1 credit immediately after signup which you can redeem for a free audiobook which you will keep (even after cancellation)

Suggest waiting until the gift certificate is emailed and can cancel easily online to avoid any charges post the 2 month period

T&C:
  • This is a limited time offer. Offer valid from April 1, 2018 12:00AM PT until July 10, 2018 at 11:59PM PT or while supplies last.
  • You will receive a FREE two-month Audible membership that includes 2 credits as part of the standard Audible Monthly Gold Membership plan. After the first 60 days, this membership will renew monthly at the regular price of $14.95. You can cancel at any time and you will not be charged thereafter. After you successfully sign up for the FREE Audible Trial, and your account is verified, within 2 weeks you will receive a follow-on email containing a unique code for a $10 electronic Amazon.com Gift Card.
  • The Amazon.com Gift Card is non-transferable and may not be re-sold.
  • This offer is limited to one per person.
  • To qualify to receive the Amazon.com Gift Card you must have an existing Amazon.com account that was opened prior to March 31, 2018 and that account must have been active (as evidenced by at least $1 in transactions) during the six months up to March 31, 2018.
  • The Amazon.com Gift Card only applies to products sold by Amazon.com or Amazon Digital Services LLC (look for “sold by Amazon.com” or “sold by Amazon Digital Devices LLC” on the product detail page.) Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for purchase by the Amazon Gift Card, even if “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”. Offer does not apply to digital content.

United Publications have their preorders up for the Gundam 00 Ultra Edition, £148.99 plus £9.50 shipping for UK orders.

A little bit more than Rightstuf including shipping, but won't have customs charges.

its £131 + shipping on UP1USA
Yeah, but shipping is $34 so it evens out.

Edit: Sorry, that's EU shipping UK shipping is $13.36 bringing the total including shipping to £138.

Will get it shipped to DPDs Parcel Wizard service in Northern Ireland and pay them their €4 fee to deliver it to me in the Republic. Much better than the £25/€34 shipping to Europe they're charging.

Last edited:
Back