UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Paradox295 said:
Guys, stop complaining about your stuff being delayed by a few days.

I mean seriously, are you really gonna watch it as soon as you get it? No, you're most likely gonna just take off the wrapper and stick it on the shelf.

I don't know many times have I read people saying "Oh, crap. I bought that 6 months ago for twice the price, and still haven't watched it."

Not me! 9 times out of 10 as soon as that sunuva's in the door it's straight into the player :p

Jaymii said:
:( Just got this...

Amazon said:
]Hello,

We regret to inform you that we have been unable to obtain the following item:

"Summer Wars / The Girl Who Leapt Through Time [Blu-ray]"
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004AFUJFM

Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available. This item has now been cancelled from your order.

In stock at HMV though. It's probably cos they can't honour the cheaper price.[/url]

Just Passing Through said:
Jaymii said:
:( Just got this...

Amazon said:
]Hello,

We regret to inform you that we have been unable to obtain the following item:

"Summer Wars / The Girl Who Leapt Through Time [Blu-ray]"
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004AFUJFM

Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available. This item has now been cancelled from your order.

In stock at HMV though. It's probably cos they can't honour the cheaper price.[/url]
That's clearly been delisted though, means it's now OOP.

afoia said:
Blue Submarine No.6 is £8.84 on planetaxel at the moment, anyone who grew up watching anime on Cartoon network/Toonami will remember the late night viewings of this show ;)

Worthy purchase!

If anyone's looking at this and going 'hmm... I dunno...' then I can confirm the show is pretty funky. Not 'out of this world amazing' but certainly a neat little show. I ordered it blind a while back and was pleasantly surprised.

Just Passing Through said:
For what it's worth, all of my Zavvi orders arrived today, I'm blued up with Eden of the East, Origin, and I got Black Blood Brothers on DVD.

Happy Usagi
I got Eden of the East, Evangelion and GitS 2.0/GitS:Innocence on BD

3 down, 6 to go!

I find it so strange to see people who've posted for donkeys years, saying they've only just bought series that i picked up years ago and even when i bought em, they'd already been out ages.

Lawrence said:
Would you care to share your opinions on the anime, please?
I liked it enough to import the Japanese discs, however that only helps if our tastes are at all similar. You can read people's impressions of the first episode here: http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.php?t=86718

--edit--

PS, my copy of Mnemosyne arrived from Zavvi today (it was really cheap and I've only ever seen the first episode which left a lot of unanswered questions)

Tachi said:
I find it so strange to see people who've posted for donkeys years, saying they've only just bought series that i picked up years ago and even when i bought em, they'd already been out ages.

Could be a matter of taste or indecisiveness? I know i've thought about buying a specific series many times but the price has never been right, its only when I see it for cheap or in an offer i'll then commit to buying the series.

Sendit are a bit cheaper than Zavvi because they slap £2 postage onto every item. Why they do this, and why they're the only Hut Group store that do this, I don't know.

EDIT: or what the poster above me said.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Sendit are a bit cheaper than Zavvi because they slap £2 postage onto every item. Why they do this, and why they're the only Hut Group store that do this, I don't know.

EDIT: or what the poster above me said.

Good business sense! It gets the suckers in through the door, with a "Look how cheap the prices are!" look of shock on their faces...

And Sendit are always doing 10% off offers and the like, but it's not actually 10% off when the P&P remains £1.99 regardless of how much you save on the item. 10% off £10 = £1 saved. 10% off £8 + £2 P&P = 80p saved...

Back