UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

I use forwarding services like Stackry
most places have free shipping within US after a certain amount e.g. Rightstuf is free economy US shipping if order is over $50
so send that order to forwarding service, they sent it on at usually a much lower shipping rate without US sales tax
Honestly I've never tried a forwarding service from the US side (I have for Japan with Buyee which has been handy). Would like to know more, especially if there's any issues in relation to VAT/customs (especially as Rightstuf has a pre-paid VAT setup for FedEx so no custom notices appear from their webstore anymore).

Honestly I've never tried a forwarding service from the US side (I have for Japan with Buyee which has been handy). Would like to know more, especially if there's any issues in relation to VAT/customs (especially as Rightstuf has a pre-paid VAT setup for FedEx so no custom notices appear from their webstore anymore).
Yeh I've used JP forwarding services more over the years (Tenso is pretty good)
Have to admit I'm not an expert on the VAT rules these days, every package I've had from Stackry has sailed thru customs no problem but maybe that's just luck? Someone better informed must know.

Just checking Anime on Line for the July release dates for the 2 I want.
For no real reason, I looked up Zombieland Saga Revenge.
I haven't bought it because it came out at £39.99.
So for anyone else like me

It is listed at £22.99. First class.
So did a comparison.
Amazon £20.23 not a prime member so who knows and I think the free post is up to £25.
Rarewaves £18.59 2nd class

Not sure the best place to put this, but if your an xbox pass ultimate sub/user you can get 75 days of crunchy roll prem of Mega fan plan (from the 20th, so looks like will have to wait abit) (looks to be open to returning and new subs)
and of course will auto renew if you forget so set a reminder to cancel (not sure how cruncy roll handles canceling (instant or just end when when it would expire))

Also note i think i saw Xbox pass goes up in price in August.

Ouch.
The per-item charge was already a disincentive for online media purchases.
An extra pound means you may as well drive to the store with stock. Or simply look elsewhere in the first place.
Agreed, or narrows the price down between buying second hand on some titles to what Amazon (or other online sellers) are selling the same title for new for.

Agreed, or narrows the price down between buying second hand on some titles to what Amazon (or other online sellers) are selling the same title for new for.

If I had to guess they like to have a wider gap to encourage people to trade in for credit instead of cash, this means that people don't necessarily see the gap as too much (unless they're paying in cash to begin with!). I'm talking about the gap between the buy/sale price they use for this.

With this same logic they like to charge more than places like Amazon because often people are trading stuff in for said credit with CEX directly.

Last edited:
Back