UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

I was just on Amazon UK.
They have Unbreakable Machine Doll Blu-ray for £17.60. Said it was a limited time deal.

Bought it.

If I get a chance I will come back and hopefully provide a link.

I was just on Amazon UK.
They have Unbreakable Machine Doll Blu-ray for £17.60. Said it was a limited time deal.

Bought it.

Hopefully this link will work:

Isn't that one of those series which ends without a proper ending, like they were hoping for a 2nd series to get commissioned to carry on the story?

I was just on Amazon UK.

Bought it.

Also spotted some more in the limited deal

Maken-Ki (Season 1) *region locked £18.91 Amazon.co.uk

Maken-Ki (Season 2) *region free £16.82

And a load of Crunchyroll UK deals.
Amazon Deal: Digimon, Deathnote, AKIRA & more

Hopefully this link will work:

Isn't that one of those series which ends without a proper ending, like they were hoping for a 2nd series to get commissioned to carry on the story?
Isn't that how all Anime ends? 😀

I bought it in 2016 (checked my Amazon history) and sold it after I bought, something I regretted when I realised I am a hoarder.
I'm afraid I can't remember the ending.
I did pay £40.69 for it. 😱

I'd post in such a thread!

As would I! One thing worth mentioning here is that while it's not always the case, anime-originals that aren't based on other media such as manga, LNs, games etc. do exist and are (I would guess) more likely to have a proper conclusion than the many short-ish series envisioned partly as adverts for their source material (though that said there are also some very long anime series that lack a proper conclusion and/or have large numbers of eminently skippable filler episodes) :)

Attack on Titan is close to finishing. Just have to wait for Attack on Titan: Final Season - The Final Chapters episode 2 in the Autumn (didn't realise ep 1 was out!).
Unless they decide to split that up and make Attack on Titan: Final Season - The Final Chapters - The Final Final Chapter - No We Really Mean it This Time!!!

As would I! One thing worth mentioning here is that while it's not always the case, anime-originals that aren't based on other media such as manga, LNs, games etc. do exist and are (I would guess) more likely to have a proper conclusion than the many short-ish series envisioned partly as adverts for their source material (though that said there are also some very long anime series that lack a proper conclusion and/or have large numbers of eminently skippable filler episodes) :)

don't forget the worst case scenario: the anime adapted from a long running manga that gets its own anime original ending. the horror!

don't forget the worst case scenario: the anime adapted from a long running manga that gets its own anime original ending. the horror!

Yeah IIRC the only one of those that I really liked was the first FMA anime (2003) which I thought was an incredible alternate take, but apart from that it's like "whyyy?" :<

Radical concept, I know! :D

Some that actually do have proper endings:

Fruits Basket (2019)
Marmalade Boy
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Air
Kanon
Clannad
Noir
Kaiba

TBH this should probably be a thread of it's own "Anime With Proper Endings?" :p
I see what you mean about Noir but what the freak actually happens at the end?

Back