UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

HMV have started an anime sale, it's mostly older ADV and Manga titles but there are a few things I've not seen cheap elsewhere, like the new Appleseed, Puni Puni Poemy, the special edition of Spriggan and first volumes of Samurai Champloo, Full Metal Alchemist and Gantz.
The individual volumes of Stand Alone Complex are £7.99, which I think is the cheapest they've been anywhere, so now I don't feel too bad about that box set...

Not a massive sale, but a word to the thrify ;)...Amazon is selling most Gollancz manga for £2.99 atm (that's Kenshin, Fushigi Yugi, Yugioh, Case Closed, Dragonball and Maison Ikkoku).

Capuchin said:
HMV have started an anime sale, it's mostly older ADV and Manga titles but there are a few things I've not seen cheap elsewhere, like the new Appleseed, Puni Puni Poemy, the special edition of Spriggan and first volumes of Samurai Champloo, Full Metal Alchemist and Gantz.
The individual volumes of Stand Alone Complex are £7.99, which I think is the cheapest they've been anywhere, so now I don't feel too bad about that box set...

And Spirited Away is now going for £4.99.

United Publications have just started hosting an anime and manga sale offering titles from as little as £3.49. I've just had a quick skim, there are a handful of decent looking titles in there, notably Berserk, Kaleido Star, Gungrave, Infinite Ryvius, Scryed, and, oh yes, Sherlock Hound. ;)

Anwho, here's the link http://www.up1.co.uk/specials

Anime from £5.99 on Play.com

Not sure if this has been posted but stunning sale at Play at the mo.

Akira, Ghost In The Shell - £7.99
Cowboy Bebop Movie - £5.99
Robotech - £8.99

Def worth a look and HMV are running a similar promotion.

Not sure if anybody buys import DVD's from Japan since they are expensive and feature no subtitles, but CD Japan are having a sale on DVD's including a fair amount of Anime's and it's up to 50% off. Also it's cool to see that some of the DVD's on sale are limited editions.

Virgin Megastores in Sheffield are having a clearance sale. There was a load of anime. My friend picked up 2 volumes of Lain for £3.99 each. I think all the titles in that section were £3.99.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Virgin Megastores in Sheffield are having a clearance sale. There was a load of anime. My friend picked up 2 volumes of Lain for £3.99 each. I think all the titles in that section were £3.99.

It's not just Sheffields Virgin having this sale, but it is Coventry's and some other Virgin's having this sale too.

Also not sure if I am meant to put Manga sales here too, but anyway for those who live in Coventry. Coventry's Forbidden Planet is having a Manga sale and most mangas are now half price. Today I brought 3 Mangas and they each cost £3.25 ^^

Too bad Birmingham's Forbidden Planet does not have this Manga sale >.<"

hopeful_monster said:
Silver screen in London (oxford street totterham court road cross road) had same sale, but only 10-20% off anime on monday.

If they're closing down then the prices are likely to drop as time goes by!
Thanks for the heads up Ryo and Hopeful, i may have to go pay SS a visit now...mwahahaha

I think they'll drop everything properly soon before they have to actually shut for good. Until then it's a matter of patience...if anyone notices signs going up along the lines of 'last week' then post it here!

Back