UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Unit 0 said:
There was a huge sale in my local MVC which had tonnes of ADV and MVM anime titles in it for £5.99 and £6.99, I even saw some volumes of ZOE going for £3.99 each. Other titles I saw for £5.99 were Kiddy Grade, Vampire Princess, Burn Up Excess, Azumanga Diaoh, Salaryman Kintaro and quite a few other series. They also had Full Metal Panic volumes for £6.99.

Only thing is when I asked at the desk if they were closing down the guy said they were just getting rid of old stock, so I don't know if this sale will be in MVC but if you are lucky it might be.

I saw a similar sale yesterday, with Azumanga, Kiddy Grade, Gad Guard, FMP, Evangelion , various Tenchi DVDs and Trigun going for £5.99 and Final Fantasy Unlimited for £3.99/volume. If you're lucky and catch one of these sales, there's quite a bit of anime there, despite the DVDs being unsorted.

Borders have a 3 for 2 offer on Manga, not just all the Gollancz 2 volumes of each 4 series in it, but they have some Tokyopop and ADV titles too, like DearS vol 1, Cromartie High School vol 1, Peacemaker Kurogane vol 1, Sword vol 1, Warcraft vol 1, Love Hina vol 1 and Alchino vol 1. It was about £50 for all 15 books

OK, it looks like there's a place selling the Tenchi Muyo 4 disc set for £10.62 Including P&P!

It's over at selectcheaper.com though.

Now I've had a look at their site. Most of the other prices seem generally in keeping with standard retail prices, so maybe this is just a good deal. But to be honest, the site looks kind of dodgy. Well, it looks as if it was knocked out by someone reading a book titled "learn HTML in 24 hours!!!" or similar.

Regardless, I've placed an order. I'll let you know if it arrives (and I'm not overcharged or similar).

Personally, I'd advise you guys to wait until then just in case it is a scam site. I thought I'd let you know about it in case you want to try for yourself regardless. From last check, the site said there were 5 copies in stock before I placed the order, so I presume there's 4 now. No telling whether the price will stay the same if they have to replenish stock in the near future.

So this is just a heads up on the site. Do what you want, but unless you've used them before, I'd seriously advise not risking it until I've found out how good a deal this really is.

i just orded this and i used my credit card which almost at its limit so less of a risk.

i already have these dvd but for 10 pound i though why not. this way i get the extra disc and i will just sell my other ones on ebay or something.

demonj007 said:
Im currently selling my NGE DVDs (Series + Movies) Here if anyone wants them. :D

I'm Soo sorry but I can't condone the selling or purchasing of Bootleg DVDs, Addmittedly i brought a few when I was an anime Newb, but that doesnt mean you should buy them, not only does it discourage UK releases but it means that the purchaser profits from poor quality DVDs. I also hear that Most Bootleg DVD eventually fund international terrorism :x and thats a Bad thing. These DVDs also have poor quality audio, video and subtitling. Also many extras come in an unproffesional manner, Meaning stuff like Japanese interviews with no Sub track etc. Soo kiddies remember if the price is low and the disc are few put it back is not good for you << check it out i made a rhyme..... lol. PS most 26 episode bootlegs have 3 DVDs, 13 episodes come on 2 DVDs. DON'T TRADE IN BOOTLEGS!!!! Yours sincerly Phil

-------------------------------------EDIT-------------------------------------
Forgot to mention there Region 0 with an NTSC formatting

Ryo Chan said:
ah the wonders of paragraphs

It Was a Rant, I'll Have you know that I had several A* Essays at GCSE Level English, when I want to, I can Write in Perfectly Good English (Despite the fact that I have A Tendancy to start every word With a Capital Letter). Plus My hands are cold from My Cold Cold House,Also May I add

Ah, The wonders of Grammar......

Smokitt said:
Ryo Chan said:

It Was a Rant, I'll Have you know that I had several A* Essays at GCSE Level English, when I want to, I can Write in Perfectly Good English (Despite the fact that I have A Tendancy to start every word With a Capital Letter). Plus My hands are cold from My Cold Cold House

No need to get offended, Ryo Chan was just making a minor joke.

Also May I add

Ah, The wonders of Grammer......

Ah the wonders of spelling grammar. :mrgreen:

You Know my normal Sarcastic wit doesnt come off too Well Online, Mine was supposed to be at most Semi-serious, And Good Call I Didn't See that.... I could Go into a more plausible sentance structure than the adversity to english of that particular sentance, In order to create a more amiable atmosphere, but that may be too monotonous......

Ryo Chan wrote:

It Was a Rant, I'll Have you know that I had several A* Essays at GCSE Level English, when I want to, I can Write in Perfectly Good English (Despite the fact that I have A Tendancy to start every word With a Capital Letter). Plus My hands are cold from My Cold Cold House,Also May I add

Quote:

Ah, The wonders of Grammar......

i have an excuse for grammer, i'm dyspraxic.

You know, now I seem Like an evil sadistic bugger thanks to that comment, Well, My comment was a sarcastic response to a sarcastic comment no offence was meant by anyone,Well not by me any way, [END TOPIC] -_-

I know it isnt Animé, But you should all at least respect the series, Futurama Boxsets are only £14.99 on BlahDVD.com That means All of the series for £60 a saving of £100, who could say No..... I know i couldn't....

Smokitt said:
I know it isnt Animé, But you should all at least respect the series, Futurama Boxsets are only £14.99 on BlahDVD.com That means All of the series for £60 a saving of £100, who could say No..... I know i couldn't....
Amazon.co.uk are selling the complete box set for £58.99 just to let you know.

i have just found this on the animeondvd forum
thanks tora-chan for this

The Works (budget bookshop) have started selling a cheapo boxset of older MVM titles. For 14.99 you get:

Bubblegum Crisis 1
Love Hina 1
Ninja Scroll TV 1
Oh My Goddess! 1
Ranma 1/2 Movie 1
Trigun 1
Vampire Princess Miyu 4
Urusei Yatsura Movie 1
Urusei Yatsura Movie 3
You're Under Arrest Complete OVAs

this is in store and also online
http://www.theworks-art-books-music.com ... 55&xSec=46

ive already ordered mine from the website and that tenchi boxset thanks subedii , i hope they all come.

Back