UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

ayase

State Alchemist
Rightstuf has started their holiday sale early with a "Pre-Holiday sale". First batch includes Maiden Japan titles such as the complete Patlabor Blu-ray collection for $25.
Argh, help. I can't get Rightstuf to recognise my phone number which is required to place an order. I've tried it starting with a 0, with the 0 removed and with 44 instead of the zero, it won't accept any of them.

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
A lot of good deals, currently have like 18 titles in my basket at like $200. Customs are the main concern with that amount of titles.

Last edited:

ayase

State Alchemist
Those of you currently ordering/have ordered before (I never have since they used to require you to jump through all sorts of hoops which seems to thankfully no longer be the case) mind giving me a little help here with aforementioned phone number formats? I wouldn't want to miss out on these prices and their live chat help is down. Also 555-555-5555 doesn't work either.

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Those of you currently ordering/have ordered before (I never have since they used to require you to jump through all sorts of hoops which seems to thankfully no longer be the case) mind giving me a little help here with aforementioned phone number formats? I wouldn't want to miss out on these prices and their live chat help is down. Also 555-555-5555 doesn't work either.
I noticed that when looking at checkout and have no clue I’m afraid. How many titles were you looking to get?

Buzzkillington

Combat Butler
I checked out as a guest using paypal and just added my mobile number as one long string, it changed the format to x xxx-xxx-xxxx by itself so dunno what's doing on there.

ayase

State Alchemist
Thanks for the responses, I managed to fix it - It wouldn't accept any combination of my number when I input my address during checkout, but if I went to my address book and entered the address inputting the number in the +44 format it accepted it, then I could just select the address at checkout.

I got Ideon and Dennoh Coil. Absolute bargains.

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Those are both on my list, which has now expanded to 21 titles. I’m looking to maybe split that into two or three purchases, as it would likely come by parcelforce otherwise and their customs fees have been grim in the past.

NormanicGrav

Yume no Shima Shinen Kōen
AUKN Staff
Anyone know if this is one of their sales that changes daily?
It's quite possible this is their new big sale format in a sense that more titles will crop up weekly by my guess. But there's still Black Friday and Christmas to keep an eye on so it's not the end of the world.

farzam1999

Hunter
Damn, really wanted 4-5 titles, narrowed it down to 2-3, but the guaranteed customs just kills it... Really wanted Yumeiro and Den-noh, oh well, can't do anything about it

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Well, that might be the biggest order of anime I’ve ever Made. Dreading customs but at less than £9 a title I think I’ve saved a small fortune in the long run, especially when looking at Allyourmusic/DeepDiscount/Wow HD prices.

Joe

Hunter
Man, stuff like Joshiraku and This Art Club Has a Problem (both of which I bought) only came out like a month or so ago. $9 is insane.