UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

JB Hi-Fi have a 20% off promotion on all BDs and DVDs, excepting pre-orders etc,

That's sneaks Mirai under the import limit... Order placed. Extra features!

They also have a Buy 2, get 1 free offer on several TV shows, including many anime. Was considering Blood Blockade Battlefront and Beyond, Love Live Sunshine S2, Free Iwatobi Swim Club S1, Black Butler Book of the Atlantic (not in stock), and Re:Zero Part 1... Basically anything that Anime Limited have let us down on... But I thought I'd wait for the next sale.

Lambadelta

Za Warudo
i've only ever seen dvd bootlegs on ebay and it's 2019 so most of us are safe from those
US ebay is filled with bootlegs.

They sometimes trickle over to UK ebay. I remember seeing a few High School DxD bootleg BDs being sold. Not as common, but people should still make sure they are not buying bootlegs by accident.

serpantino

Vampire Ninja
Yeah ebay is full of bootlegs for both blu-ray and dvd and always has been. Back in the day the perfect collections were great bootlegs for those of us who couldn't afford, or had the space for, the 4 episode dvd collections of old. Nowadays the quality is utterly dire and mostly use a very old and inefficient compression method.

Bear in mind that the blu-ray of Gate that some of us ordered came from musicmagpie, whether it was on their ebay shop or not isn't particularly relevant.

Morbo

Adventurer
Apologies to anyone who got a bootleg, I just thought it was a good price :( Turned out to be too good to be true

NormanicGrav

Yume no Shima Shinen Kōen
AUKN Staff
Apologies to anyone who got a bootleg, I just thought it was a good price :( Turned out to be too good to be true
Eh it's not your fault. Bootleggers these days are starting to get good at fooling people, heck they fooled Amazon when they managed to get copies of anime with bad printed covers and no disc out to customers as a 'new' condition.

NormanicGrav

AUKN Staff
Amazon Prime has once again got another promotion going on, this time £5 code if you check out Prime Video. More details here.

Unfortunately, they're picky about whether or not you're eligible. For instance, I can't get it as I have used Prime Video recently (thank Vinland Saga for that).

(Disclaimer: The link above is part of the Amazon Affiliate Program so any order/sub made will support me)

serpantino

Vampire Ninja
Not your fault at all ^_^, especially given it was musicmagpie. Ebay are absolutely useless when it comes to any kind of curation. They seem to spend most of their time ignoring counterfeit items and location misrepresentation (so sick of Chinese sellers masquerading as UK, though it does get me a lot of freebies.) I often get fed up looking for stuff on ebay due to all that and end up going elsewhere.

Girls wIth Guns

Stand User
the Ghost n The shell Stand Alone Complex boxset is £22.99 on amazon
Am I correct that the SE boxset has the corrected discs, as opposed to the original discs in the big CE Box? IIRC, there were chapter stop issues and/or something else with the CE Discs, I think for the first series or the first two discs, I can't remember the details... I was unable to get free replacement discs from Manga after I bought the CE set, so this would be a good price for me to buy them myself, if the issues were fixed. And, Is the disc art the same as the CE discs?

thedoctor2016

Shinigami
And am I correct that that set has the corrected discs as opposed to the ones in the big CE box Set? There were chapter stop issues and/or something else with the CE Discs, I think for the first series or the first two discs, I can't remember the details... I could not get free replacement discs for the CE set, so this would be a good price for me to get them myself, if it fixes the issues. Is the disc art the same as the CE?
Yes they are the better discs.

Girls wIth Guns

Stand User
OK, Thanks for the quick response, doctor - phew, only 9 left in stock when I first opened the product page, and only 4 left after I bought my set a few minutes later! Just over $28 US including shipping - that's only $3 per Blu-ray disc! And thanks for the heads-up, Oldmario!

Last edited:

NormanicGrav

AUKN Staff
Some Amazon price updates:

Digimon Adventure Tri Complete Collection (Blu-ray) now down to £49.99
Dragon Ball Super Broly (Blu-ray) now down to £10.00
Fate/Stay Night [Heaven's Feel] 1. Presage Flower Collector's Edition (Blu-ray) now down to £22.23
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Complete Collection (Blu-ray) now down to £22.99 (out of stock but more incoming)
Hellsing Ultimate Complete Collection (Blu-ray) now down to £33.09
Mirai Collector's Edition (Blu-ray) still at £23.99 (reminder that AL has said its close to OOP)
Shomin Sample (Blu-ray) still at £19.99 (due to AL/Funi deal expired, this set is OOP)
The Testament of Sister New Devil Season 1 Collector's Edition (Blu-ray) now down to £24.89

(Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which will support me if you buy anything through the links provided.)