UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Second spin has a 25% off and free shipping code again FSEPT25 unfortunately it is only on orders over $40. Unfortunately that would about £19 after the reduction at today's exchange rates.

I'm assuming it's the same guy who was sellin' for £8.99 - I linked to him in this thread before. I wasn't aware he'd dropped his price by a quid. Just sayin', like.

Like I said to Rui in another topic, to me xxxholic is nothing special. The lead sounds annoying as hell, always screaming, and the short stories are nothing to write home about - the usual ghost/spirit stuff you've probably seen before in other supernatural series. It's also unimpressive in terms of video and audio quality. I'm only getting it to finish my collection; not because it's the best way to waste time.

If ghosts are your thing and you want a two-part Manga title, Ghost Hunt is the way to go. The short stories in that are, for the most part at least, far more entertaining and well put together. The dub being excellent and the lead duo being likeable are other major plus points.

It's too bad Ghost Hunt isn't selling for £8.99 x2 - that would be a bargain.

...Of course, I already paid £10 x2 via eBay, so I'm golden.

Aion said:
Racism. Either that or a slight brain malfunction.

Bleach: Series 3 - Part 1 -- £8.49
Bleach: Series 3 - Part 2 -- £8.49
(The box set is still selling for around £25.)

Ghost Hunt: Volume 1 - £9.87 (First time it's dropped from £15.)

Bleach: Box 1 - £12.89

Shounen trash like Mar has also dropped in price; to around £6.50 per volume. The Buso Renkin set has dropped to £18, too, though it was selling for £15 new on eBay in the past.

cool ive been meaning to get ghost hunt ill have to order it now, also the bleach box 2 is also £12.98 http://www.sendit.com/dvd/bleach-comple ... 83206.html

It's just a shame the R2 Noein set isn't a full-sized box set like the R1 set and, unlike the R1 set, has dubtitles (iirc). Back when the pound was strong, I got it for £15 total from DVD Pacific - best value for money ever.

Still great value for money, considering its the length, the quality of the content and the fact there's a very good one hour extra included, split over the first three DVDs.

-------

For those who care...

Negima: Part 2 - £8.99 (Pre-order)

(I'm gonna wait until/if I bother watching all of the first half.)

There's most likely a CD-WOW £1 code out there somewhere, too.

Guyver: Box Set - £16.89

There were other box set cuts elsewhere, but most were £24-30 and the only real 'bargain' was Stratos 4 for £10. Nothing that people would've jumped at, and I was lazy.

Afro Samurai 2 has dropped in price to £6 on DVD and £8.50 on Blu-ray, too.

The Hut are taking their sweet time to send Ouran 2 and Tokko - still nothing...

Possibly. For £13 I'm not that bothered. It won't matter once I've learned Japanese to a decent degree anyway (getting there - I find I can already pick out a lot of phrases now), I'm looking forward to the day I can just turn the subtitles off.

Back