UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Well I replied back.

Me.

Thank you for replying.

I understand that you have no say in shipping costs as your just stating the facts, but I can say that by raising shipping costs from $7 to $25 per title is going to go down badly on international buyers.
I suppose the company wishes to focus on Australian buyers and by alienating UK buyers.

Them

Hey Denny,

The total of shipping is judging on the weight and distance. If you order, for example, 5 DVD's, the shipping cost will not be $25 for each item, but will determine the weight of each item and then calculate.

Can i ask which item you were looking at ordering for this shipping cost? We may have the weight dimensions wrong in our system, so I can triple check.

Kind Regards
Tegan

Edit: I did say I would be forwarding there responses on this anime forum.

Last edited:
Well I replied back.

Me.

Thank you for replying.

I understand that you have no say in shipping costs as your just stating the facts, but I can say that by raising shipping costs from $7 to $25 per title is going to go down badly on international buyers.
I suppose the company wishes to focus on Australian buyers and by alienating UK buyers.

Them

Hey Denny,

The total of shipping is judging on the weight and distance. If you order, for example, 5 DVD's, the shipping cost will not be $25 for each item, but will determine the weight of each item and then calculate.

Can i ask which item you were looking at ordering for this shipping cost? We may have the weight dimensions wrong in our system, so I can triple check.

Kind Regards
Tegan

Edit: I did say I would be forwarding there responses on this anime forum.

Another reply.

Hey Denny,

Can you please link to this forum? We may be able to use people's feedback to look into possible future changes to the postage price change.

We charge a flat rate plus a charge per kilo. So there is no mistake with this price. However, if you added another few DVD's of similar weight (e.g. up to 6 or 7) to this order, the shipping rate would stay the same as it is now, $25.

As a company, we are not making an extra money off the postage, and it is purely all towards actual shipping costs to overseas customers. It's a fairly standard practice amongst most online stores when shipping internationally. My only suggestion is, maybe see if a few people want to jump in on the one order to help with shipping costs?

Sorry I can't be of more help, this is as much information as I can give you regarding the change.

Tegan

Or they previously made losses because they didn't have the system to reflect shipping costs and we're handling with some average values.
That was the case with rightstuf. Once they had their currently used new system shipping fees reflected their actual weight (and buying manga bundles became unfeasabe to me.)

If it's about protectionalism that would be even weirder imo. Wasn't protectionalism mostly about keeping yourself clean of other cultural influences? In that case import into Australia would have to get a lot more expensive, not the exports. Exporting usually gives you an influx of some extra cash from the outside. That's usually always welcome.
(Unless you want to do the same as the Edo era, but that was more isolation.)

MIght also just well be that the Australian post spiked up shipping?

I meant that international shipping to and from Australia has changed in law yes the protectionist laws effect imports more obvious as Gst must be added. But things like that would put more pressure on the postal service so they would raise prices to cope.
Or yes they just raised prices

Last edited:
JB HI-FI shipping is $7.80, but that is untracked. Having a quick poke through the Madman help section, nor is theirs.

Maybe JB HI-FI can just accept a bit of a hit on the postage as they sell a much wider range of products.

But they went OOP?
I put a note in the listing on our shop for the zavvi variant design version but just to make a note here as well, we recently received a delivery of returned unsold units of that version, so it's now available on our shop as well as zavvi.

So though the 'blue' design version is part of the going out-of-print list, given we're listing the variant version on our shop now this makes it's a unique case compared to the norm, which is why it's included as part of this offer. Hope that helps.

Back