UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

That's quite a find there. Considering Elfen Lied singles are available in most HMV stores, this lower price may perhaps lure in those made curious by the show's shelf presence.

It's good that Justpa tried to contribute, but the Elfen brick has been aroun the £17 mark for ages. It's jus that most stores have raised their prices. Amazon are only selling for a few pennies more than Sendit.

Truered said:
Aion said:
Negima: Series 2, Volume 1 - £8.99

£9 for 13 episodes of a most likely enjoyable series? Sign me up.

Decided to preorder it. Heard some bad things, but it'll probably be my cup of tea :lol:

Thanks to this thread since yesterday I've obtained a forbidden planet and HMV account :)

haha god are you guying going to wish you spent that money on something less painful, like a full body wax.

and this is comming from a negima fan ;)

Not sure why Play keep cutting prices when they clearly have no stock. Everything has been 1-2 weeks since people started posting about the prices, and I received a Play email informing me of some Beez price cuts on the same day.

I don't mind, though - the £17.99 price is now what I'll pay automatically if they ever do send. I still think it's to much for a 7/10 + 5/10 film, but whatever.

The Beez stuff doesn't worry me. If the stuff gets sent, great... if not, too bad. It's Utawareronumonu that's bugging me more. I was cautious and only ordered the first volume to begin with. That was sent. But it now looks unlikely the other volumes will be sent due to others not being quite so cautious. It'd suck if I'm stuck with 1/6 volumes...

Also, one other thing: AV forums. Being the nice guy I am, I decided to update my anime bargains threads on AV and hdanddvdbargains after not doing so in months. I quoted lots of the recent deal posts from here, linked to this thread and said it'd probably be my last post due to a lack of love. So, what did some AV forum nazi do? Delete my entire post without so much as an explantion. There are some seriously uptight and hate worthy people in existence, and most seem to be from the UK online (/CitizenGeek).

Here's an example of AV forums:

racismf.png

Aion said:
There are some seriously uptight and hate worthy people in existence, and most seem to be from the UK online.
I'd take the hate filled, pessimistic attitudes of most UK netizens any day of the week over the forums full of irritating yanks who act like they're all about 12 years old (and plenty of them act that way in real life up until the age of about 21 - that's what putting the legal drinking & smoking age and age of consent up does for ya)

Also, CG is from Ireland.

^ Both get. I don't care if they're terrible - that's the kind of money you can pay for a sandwich and a cup of coffee these days.

Cheers mysterious mailman, who emerges out of the blue with bargains. :thumb:

Saw 'em earlier. I ordered everything but the Asda group ALWAYS cancel misprices, without fail. Even small ones. There's no chance they will honour any of these Beez misprices.

Isn't that illegal? I thought if something was advertised at a certain price it had to be sold for that price... I've gotten bargains in high street shops that way before.

No, it's normal practice for internet stores. There's something in the T&C that states no transaction has occurred until money has changed hands...or something to that effect.

fabricatedlunatic said:
High street stores aren't under any obligation to sell you mispriced items either. But if you're enough of a pain they might just to get rid of you :p
I learned from the best...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iv_jizmV63E&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iv_jizmV63E&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Just Passing Through said:
ADV UK are very much alive, although they are currently running on repeat.

All that they have are the existing licences, which they are re-releasing in boxset form. Considering the warehouse plunder that occurred when the roof fell in, it's fair to assume that new stock is being created for those boxsets, and they haven't hired a chimp to go through old single cases and remove the discs to put them into m-lock cases.

However, if a series was acquired with Sojitz money, then it's a fair chance that licence is gone. Those are shows that won't be reprinted, repressed or repackaged any time soon. So once all of Utawawhatzit, Chevy D'Eon, and all those Kurau,Wallflower, Red Garden singles are gone, as well as AMG S2V1, you won't ever see them again.

EDIT: Except Guyver, which Manga will be boxsetting later this year.

Whatever happened to this:

"According to reports posted on AnimeOnDVD and EyeOnAnime, ADV UK have cancelled all future separate volume releases of both Kurau Phantom Memory and Red Garden, opting to finish both series with complete collections instead. The Kurau Phantom Memory Boxset will be released on the 28th of July, while the Red Garden Complete Collection is set for the 25th of August (2008). Both have been priced at £34.99."
http://www.animeuknews.net/news/1693/ad ... loses-down

ayase said:
I learned from the best...
:D

I remember that episode but I don't remember ADV's subtitles (not their quite extensive liner notes) pointing out that what Tomo was saying in the first segment sounded like the Japanese word for "penis". Edutaninment!

Back