UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

UK Anime Store

It's live

Went ahead and picked up Montly Girls' Nozaki-Kun and The Eccentric Family CEs since they were only £24.99

Nothing else really appealed to me.

Last edited:
I was hoping Ergo Proxy would be £20 :( I doubt I'll pick it up as I'm sure I can find it new or used for that in the future without too much difficulty.

Edit: Also chobits is cheaper which was released at the same time and cost the same back then and there's no serial experiments lain. Oh well, saves me money I guess.

Last edited:
Nothing for me I'm afraid. Was hoping for Tench Muyo buts it's probably too new to go on sale. Tempted by Familiar of Zero but it's not a priority so I will wait to the next sale.

Nothing for me I'm afraid. Was hoping for Tench Muyo buts it's probably too new to go on sale. Tempted by Familiar of Zero but it's not a priority so I will wait to the next sale.
I'm holding out on a complete collection for FoZ, not sure how likely it is to happen but one can only hope...

I have also ordered Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun CE, there is a couple of others that I thought about ordering, but with Christmas around the corner they will have to wait till next time.

Unfortunately I've already bought the 4 shows in the list that I'd consider essential (Shinsekai Yori/From The New World, Eccentric Family, Bakemonogatari & Nozaki-kun). Ergo Proxy is certainly iconic, but structurally & animation-wise it quickly turns into a bit of mess, plus the writing isn't as smart as it often pretends. I might pick it up; same with Space Pirates & Love Live. Nothing else appeals to me.

Absolutely NOTHING in the MVM Blu Ray sale for me this year. I was hoping Berserk might make an appearance, but alas, no.

On the subject of Ergo Proxy, that should be a no brainer. No, it's not actually as clever as it pretends to be, but it's still REALLY good. And it's a nice antidote to the kind of thing anime seems to serve up all too often. I've just stalled in the middle of a re-watch of it thanks to having too much work to do.

I recommend it if folks are looking for a contemplative sci fi show with a bit more brains than most.

Absolutely NOTHING in the MVM Blu Ray sale for me this year. I was hoping Berserk might make an appearance, but alas, no.

On the subject of Ergo Proxy, that should be a no brainer. No, it's not actually as clever as it pretends to be, but it's still REALLY good. And it's a nice antidote to the kind of thing anime seems to serve up all too often. I've just stalled in the middle of a re-watch of it thanks to having too much work to do.

I recommend it if folks are looking for a contemplative sci fi show with a bit more brains than most.

It's no Chobits though is it.....

Back