UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

How much do you pay on import tax and customs in the UK actually?
The random note stuff kinda sounds the same to ours.

20% of the package value plus a "handling" fee which varies according to the delivery company.

Royal Mail is £8
Parcelforce £13
DHL is £14 I believe

It's usually slow over here, but for comparison do you live in any city?

I highly doubt anything arrived already, will have to check.

I mean, it's not like I live in a big place, I live in Barreiro, just south of Lisbon, it's not a major area, but it's not isolated or anything.

Yeah, it's but almost 6 weeks since my JBHF stuff has been sent as well, definitely got hit by customs.

I mean, it's not like I live in a big place, I live in Barreiro, just south of Lisbon, it's not a major area, but it's not isolated or anything.

Yeah, it's but almost 6 weeks since my JBHF stuff has been sent as well, definitely got hit by customs.
JBHifis shipping is very slow so you still might be ok, my other parcels arrived 5 weeks after dispatch going onto my 6th on final package.

I received 3 of my orders today..

(Barreiro > freguesia a 12K de rio maior... :p)

20% of the package value plus a "handling" fee which varies according to the delivery company.

Royal Mail is £8
Parcelforce £13
DHL is £14 I believe
That handling fee sure sounds like suck. We have that only for express shippings when fees weren't pre-collected. oo
20% is pretty similiar, we have 19%. Is there also some only import tay but customs free treshold over which extra fees get added up on top? (Like it's 19% for non-books until 150€. Over that BD/DVDs would get an extra 3,5%+ 19% of that 3,5% on top.)
Does the shipping costs count as package value as well for you?

JBHifis shipping is very slow so you still might be ok, my other parcels arrived 5 weeks after dispatch going onto my 6th on final package.

I honestly doubt it, customs here is really, really random, and I do believe I was over the limit (apparently the limit changed last year and I was going by the previous one... yay me).

I received 3 of my orders today..

(Barreiro > freguesia a 12K de rio maior... :p)

Hah, yeah, I guess so. But trust me, mail over here? Really not that good at all.

That handling fee sure sounds like suck. We have that only for express shippings when fees weren't pre-collected. oo
20% is pretty similiar, we have 19%. Is there also some only import tay but customs free treshold over which extra fees get added up on top? (Like it's 19% for non-books until 150€. Over that BD/DVDs would get an extra 3,5%+ 19% of that 3,5% on top.)
Does the shipping costs count as package value as well for you?

If a packages value is over £15 then VAT @20% is added based in the value including shipping.

Import tax can also be applied to imports but only if the fee to be collected exceeds a certain value. I've personally never placed so expensive an order that Import tax has had to be paid

If a packages value is over £15 then VAT @20% is added based in the value including shipping.

Import tax can also be applied to imports but only if the fee to be collected exceeds a certain value. I've personally never placed so expensive an order that Import tax has had to be paid
Here in Ireland all non EU packages over €23 inc shipping are subject to 23% VAT and all packages over €150 are liable for import duty.

The handling fee for An Post, the Irish postal service is €10.

How do you know which courier as your parcel?
Langley is Royal Mail's main international sorting and DC, so if your package ended up there, it'll either be Royal Mail if it's small, or Parcelforce if it's big.

If you didn't have a tracking number provided to you, all you can really do is wait to see who the ransom note is from.

Back