UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Thanks for the pictures. If it had been a thinpak with a sturdy MVM artbox, I would have double-dipped (I already own the R1 Ultimate Edition). Still, that is a fantastic price for one of the 90s' better OVAs, and anyone who doesn't own it should be falling over themselves to buy it.

I'd say it is a misprice. For one thing, the RRP of the boxset pre-discount is given as £7.99, which I'm certain is wrong.

Second, MVM discs are going up in price at Play. Sale items that were at £5 and £6 are now at £15. I don't see how this is bucking the trend.

Me-Mania said:
Tenchi Muyo OVAs Box set - £5.99
Damn you Play.com and your refusal to accept my debit card since I tried to order a PS3 to an address that didn't actually exist since my bank got my new postcode wrong.

Amazon are much more reasonable, I'm sure I could order stuff with anyone's credit card to any address I cared to make up from them.

The Asda group (8 different stores, each with the same order numbers) have a sale on. In this sale there are many anime box set bargains, and a lot of them are misprices.

I'm linking to Find-DVD because there are 8 stores with near enough the same prices. Take your pick.

Najica Blitz Tactics: Complete Collection - £9.89
Yugo The Negotiator: Complete Collection - £9.89
Azumanga Daioh: Complete Collection - £12.89
Full Metal Panic: FUMOFFU - Complete Collection -- £12.89
Guyver: Complete Collection - £12.89
Negima: Complete Collection - £12.89
Noir: Complete Collection - £12.89
Rahxephon: Complete Collection - £12.89
Samurai Gun: Complete Collection - £12.89
Elfen Lied: Complete Collection - £17.89
Full Metal Panic: Complete Collection - £17.89
Last Exile: Complete Collection - £17.89

I'm missing one out because it's an obvious misprice. Too many orders ruin misprices, so it isn't good helping others to order them before your own order ships. It isn't hard to find if you look.

Aion said:
I'm missing one out because it's an obvious misprice. Too many orders ruin misprices, so it isn't good helping others to order them before your own order ships. It isn't hard to find if you look.

Good heavens, that's a rather dramatic misprice. I already have it, though.

Thanks for the others, will see if other half feels like buying Fumoffu yet.

R

I couldn't find a list of sale items at those stores so I had to guess the item to which you were referring, and I guessed right, and I ordered one. It'll be interesting to see whether or not they honour it, especially since it's sure to be all over the money saving websites within hours (if not already), and the twats who frequent those places tend to buy 30 copies of everything.

Thanks a lot :)

I've ordered 'IT', Azumanga (I own 4/6 volumes already), Guyver, Negima (I own 4/6 volumes already), Noir (I own 4/7 volumes already) and Rahxephon (I own the full series already). I was also tempted by Last Exile but I already own 5/7 of that and £18 is a bit too much for two more volumes.

The 'IT' deal was posted on HUKD last night, 14-15 hours ago. Not many people seem to have bothered with the thread (no-one knows it's a misprice on there) but its doubtful any box sets will be sent when the price has been like it is for so long. I ordered 1 from each store in the hope of 1/8 getting sent and the order numbers were up by a few 100 by the time I'd ordered from each store.

Madlax and Noir are meant to be near identical. I take that to mean that Noir will be 7/10 entertainment and have an excellent soundtrack (both have the .hack//SIGN composer).

Bah, I wasn't aware of the Sendit code, so I ordered most of my stuff from The Hut with QuidCo. I won't reorder in case it comes down to first come, first served.

I've ordered Last Exile with the 10% off code. I'll flog Vol. 1-5 (Vol. 4 is R1) on eBay.

Can't really afford to buy anything but thanks to Aion's post I now have "The Full Metal Panic! Collection" on order now... hope my misses doesn't get the post that day... o_O

Back