UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Devil is clearly an American who is happy to be able to import Manga Ent. box sets on the cheap.

I'm too lazy to link but I received an email the other day that mentioned a few Mushishi DVDs (Vol. 2-3, I think) dropping to 3.80. I'm not sure if anyone is interested?

Just in case no-one is aware, ADV are releasing a lot of cheap box sets for the many average/fairly unpopular series they've licensed. All of them were included in the old ADV £1-2 fire sales, but these are pretty good prices for people who missed those and want to build a collection on the cheap.

Do remember that these are all pre-order prices. It's possible the prices will drop by a few quid by the time they come out.

Area 88: Complete Collection (4 DVD) - £14.99
Aquarian Age: Complete Collection (3 DVD) - £11.99
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi: Complete Collection (4 DVD) - £14.99
Mahoromatic: Complete Collection (3 DVD) - £11.99
Pretear: Complete Collection (4 DVDs) - £14.99

Also, the Yugo ADV set, which was released awhile ago, is still selling for 11.99. I'm not sure why anyone would buy it but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

One last thing to mention: Vol. 1 of the NHK manga. Amazon have been selling it for £3.49 for ages, which is a bloody good price for a manga that's still being released in the UK. It says they can't tell you when it'll be sent but you can still order and, going on my experience, it's sent fairly quickly.

Welcome to the NHK: Vol. 1 - £3.49

You can use it to avoid paying postage charges on goods under £5 if you're crafty. If you order it with something else, taking the value over the free postage limit, you can cancel NHK after the first item has been posted and you won't pay for postage.

Thanks Aion. I decided to finally grab Mahoromatic as I have no taste and saw that Play has dropped the price on the singles so they're about the same price (less a couple of pennies) as the upcoming set. Instant gratification.

R

Aion said:
It was OOS when I ordered it. Since you can still order it while it's OOS, I fail to see the problem?

Cause I've ordered with HMV before, and they took over a month to deliver something IN stock. I dread to imagine what its like while its out of stock.

Death Note: Vol. 1 - £4.99

I'm late with this one. Find-DVD failed to alert me to the fact that Amazon have reduced it to £4.98 (excluding shipping) and Play.com have reduced it to £4.99. It's OOS at Play.com, so it's probably been at this price for a good few days.

Even though I've been waiting for the box set, £2.50 per DVD is too hard to resist when DN is #2 on my top 5 anime list. I'll keep it sealed on my shelf until I get Vol. 2.

Back