UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Lupus Inu said:
Is that site 100% trustworthy? Because if so I'm buying Lain.
It's MVM's own official site. £4 for all of Lain? By all means, buy away! I got V1 off there for 99p myself a while back.

Just ordered all 8 DVD's for just less than £8 and free postage. They had a few other 99p DVD's too, first volume of Saiyuki Reload, some Tenchi OVA's and some other stuff.

Ty, Aion!

As someone else said, MVM = AOL, so they're 100% reliable and 0% dodgy.

I have had problems with their cheap stock, though, as they mix bad stock they want to get rid of with sealed/mint DVDs. I've had DVDs that should come in see-through cases come with LQ black cases, covers that were printed poorly and only printed on one side and scratched DVDs. However, I've also had sealed/mint DVDs, so it's evened itself out.

I'm not ordering Lain since I was stupid enough to pay AOL £5 per volume for 2-4 ages ago. I wasn't best pleased with most being unsealed and some not having anything printed on the inside of the covers. Clearly, the quality varies even when you pay £5 and not 99p.

I ordered Vol. 1-4 of Mini Goddess, by the way.

Aion said:
...covers that were printed poorly and only printed on one side...
This is just a general MVM problem, and a very annoying one at that. The covers of my Ergo Proxy 3 & 5 are noticably lower quality than the others, as is my Texhnolyze 1, and they were from HMV and Play.com.

The covers only being printed on one side doesn't really matter when it's usually just "other titles available from MVM" which graces the inside cover.

Mine also turned up today, all sealed.

Also, just noticed this since I'm buying Texhnolyze & Saiyuki Reload vol 1's but if you check for special offers when you view cart you can get a free mini poster and 2 art cards if you're buying 2+ DVD's.

Find-DVD has alerted me that a number of stores that are put of the same group have reduced the Rumbling Hearts set to £9. Even though I have the R1 art box, together with Vol. 1 + 3, I've ordered it.

The cheapest by £1 are The Hut and Sendit. I've gone with the The Hut for QuidCo.

Link: http://www.thehut.com/hut/8626290.product

No. :p I feel the need to get a complete R1 set as well since I'm so close. I don't do the selling thing.

As I've told you before, order Vol. 1 + the art box from Secondspin when they next have their free shipping + 20% off week. It's only a few dollars, they always have 9 (max) stock and mine arrived sealed/brand new.

Decent price for the Evangelion set. For some reason I'm tempted, even though it'd cheaper for me to fill out my art box with the remaining 5 volumes that I never could be bothered to buy.

Back