UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

I've Spotted stuff in the Madman sale I'd like - but never having ordered from them before, I forget if they get hit by customs all that often.

I've Spotted stuff in the Madman sale I'd like - but never having ordered from them before, I forget if they get hit by customs all that often.
They never used as they used to undervalue on the form but last time I got something (beginning of last year) I was caught because Parcelforce opened the parcel and saw the real total on the slip inside.

Not ordered since then so I don't know if they still undervalue.

Man. Lot's of stuff on that Madman sale. I managed to buy 6 items but there where bunch of stuff that i had to let go because i'm all spent. Ping Pong for 7 australian dollars (blueray) was probably the craziest deal.

Indulged in the Madman sale, although got less than I wanted to.

Star Driver for $5.99 was a definite, until I went to check out, and saw postage was $22.00 on that one item alone!
Kind of wanted Macross Plus, but I wanted multiple items in my packages with the postage kept at $9.50

So I got Vexille and Baka & Test OVA Blu-rays, The World God Only Knows S3 and OVA, and Coicent in one package.
Dog & Scissors and Maburaho in the other.

EDIT: And the fourth and final Right Stuf sale package is almost here. Two got hit for customs, that were sent via the USPS, while the two that came via Swisspost snuck through. I'll go and pick up the final one tomorrow.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if MVM are planning to release the Love Live! Movie? It's a good price but I'd wait for a UK release if there's going to be one.

Does anyone know if MVM are planning to release the Love Live! Movie? It's a good price but I'd wait for a UK release if there's going to be one.
The only comment there has been regarding Love Live! The School Idol Movie, is that Anime Limited don't have it.

I caved and imported Madman's - MVM's will likely be identical anyway and MVM's S1 and S2 releases fit in the Collector's Box!

The only comment there has been regarding Love Live! The School Idol Movie, is that Anime Limited don't have it.

I caved and imported Madman's - MVM's will likely be identical anyway and MVM's S1 and S2 releases fit in the Collector's Box!

Thanks. I think I'll order it then.

I went ahead and ordered both sets of the 1980 Astro Boy from Madman. Considering how long I've been after it, I figure I can allow £20 for customs / handling fees. Just means I have to cross something off my shopping list this month.

I do wonder if they'll actually have those sets in stock though, seeing as I've never found them anywhere else. It came as a genuine shock to see them in the sale, so I've sent a query to make sure they actually have them ready for dispatch.

Last edited:
I grabbed a bunch of stuff off of madman including the original mobile suit gundam. I've always wanted to try gundam & the boxset was under £10. Also grabbed vexille, psychic school wars, coicent/5 numbers & a few Asian cinema releases (the thieves, the suspect, in the job & new world)

I ended up getting quite a few things in the madman sale. I in general need to not buy as much these coming months since I went a bit crazy the last few months with expensive sets like escaflowne and fma.

Here is what I decided to order.

5581EbS.png

Back