UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

-Danielle- said:
Question, will BASE keep to their pre order price even if it eventually goes up please?

Taken from the Base help page,
Price Promise

Base.com continuously monitors other suppliers' websites and may modify prices accordingly to ensure we remain competitive. As a result, by the time your pre-order of a forthcoming release or your back-order of an out of stock title is dispatched, we may have changed the price on our site. Our Price Promise means that when your order is ready for dispatch, we compare the current price of the title against the price we quoted at the time of your order, and we only charge you the lower of the two.
http://www.base.com/help/pg11/terms-and-conditions.htm

Hope this helps.

I want Love Hina again. Was so gutted at myself for forgetting to get it too. By the time I remembered on the Friday, it had already changed :( lol

Again this DOTW doesn't sound like me thing. Booooo.

-Danielle- said:
I want Love Hina again. Was so gutted at myself for forgetting to get it too. By the time I remembered on the Friday, it had already changed :( lol

MVM lost the rights to that so you won't get it on DOTW. I wish MVM would put up sequels to shows they've had on DOTW on DOTW, Like Shana Season 2, Arakawa Season 2, Ikki Tousen Seasons 3 and 4 and Slayers season 3.

windcott said:
MVM lost the rights to that so you won't get it on DOTW. I wish MVM would put up sequels to shows they've had on DOTW on DOTW, Like Shana Season 2, Arakawa Season 2, Ikki Tousen Seasons 3 and 4 and Slayers season 3.

They do sometimes put up sequels or prequels. Not sure how they work out what to put on or if they even do but I got Ikki Tousen Dragon Destiny as a blind buy from them, only to find out there was a prequel series... about 3 weeks later the prequel series (Battle Vixens) turned up on dotw. I do love their dotw's as it's introducing me to anime I never would've known about otherwise or stuff I don't want to risk spending full price on.

I think on average I buy about 2 of their dotw a month and always look forward to seeing what the next one will be.

Nooooooooooo above Love Hina. Looks like I may as well go for the £22 price now.

I agree over the Ikki Tousen sequels 3 & 4. Ive wanted to buy em for a fair bit now.

windcott said:
-Danielle- said:

Hilarious... xD

Love Hina Again is OOP, correct, but -Danielle- wants Love Hina (to be DOTW) again.. And Love Hina itself isn't officially OOP yet!
BUT.. The first volume was released by MVM in September 2004, and the original boxset got released in May 2007.
The current boxset edition is a November 2010 release, so it could go OOP before it returns to DOTW for sure.

Love Hina became DOTW on 6 January 2012, 21 December 2012 and 3 January 2014. (So, yes... Only three times.)
If things continue as they are currently doing Love Hina might return to DOTW around March 2015, but mind it may not due to being an older license.
Jerome Mazandarani of Manga UK said their licenses commonly span over 5 to 7 years, and Love Hina is past the 7 year point. (Probably got renewed 3 or 4 years ago?)
Of course, you could call it OOP as it is unlikely another batch will get printed, but that's also true for a good number of new 2014 releases, so yeah...

Love Hina Again somehow was a shorter lifespan license that went OOP in 2012 already. (Really annoying as I don't own Love Hina Again as well.. -_-")

windcott said:
All those titles are pretty new on the UK scenery or are due a complete collection "soon".

Shakugan no Shana season 2 may not enter the DOTW cycle until it gets its Complete Collection release, and a complete collection isn't due until 2015!
And even if it enters with the parts, my sheet seems to never feature both parts of a season in the DOTW cycle (usually only "part 1" tends to enter if it happens).
I acknowledge it being a long wait as Season 2 Part 1 was released on 4 March 2013 and Season 2 Part 2 was released on 8 April 2013.

Arakawa season 1 was released on 4 November 2013, and became DOTW on 11 April 2014.
Arakawa season 2 was released on 9 December 2013, and has't become DOTW as of yet and may never do so!
Reason being Australia got a complete collection with both seasons in February, which probably is a planned MVM release for 2015 which will then enter DOTW.

IkkiTousen season 3 got released on 12 May 2014, so don't expect this to enter DOTW until December perhaps (I reckon 2015 more likely though).
IkkiTousen season 4 got released on 7 July 2014, so don't expect this to enter the DOTW cycle until 2015.

Slayers season 3 became DOTW already on 15 February 2011, 4 May 2012 and 12 April 2013.
Slayers Try (aka season 3) has not been DOTW in 2014 and probably has been skipped, and perhaps may not return to DOTW as season 4 & 5 went OOP.
Slayers season 1 returned to DOTW for its fifth and presumably last time on 22 August 2014.

Other titles that 99% sure won't return to DOTW are those listed in this post from MVM.
However, titles that are OOP and MVM have stock of are often "Deal of the Day" at MCM Expo, at least that's what I noticed in the pictures of their stands at MCM.

Mind you and others I could be wrong as I don't work for MVM, and honestly, I don't think even MVM knows what they're doing at times. ;P

serpantino said:
They do sometimes put up sequels or prequels. Not sure how they work out what to put on or if they even do but I got Ikki Tousen Dragon Destiny as a blind buy from them, only to find out there was a prequel series... about 3 weeks later the prequel series (Battle Vixens) turned up on dotw.
There is a system to the DOTW. It isn't solid, but there is a loop they just add titles into and they shuffle some titles around within some timespan.
I would have to sit down and look up all release dates to figure out how the loop originally was decided, but I reckon they just did it at random at first.

serpantino said:
I think on average I buy about 2 of their dotw a month and always look forward to seeing what the next one will be.
Spoiler: expect Tower of Druaga, Disgaea, Basilisk and Shakugan no Shana season 1 to be DOTW in the next couple of weeks.
There are also some candidates to enter the DOTW cycle for the first time somewhere this autumn/fall, like Heaven's Memo Pad and Linebarrels of Iron.

Mind that this may also not happen as Welcome to the NHK for instance didn't debute in the DOTW cycle until 2 and a half years after its release in 2012.

I'd like to think in some small part my constant hints of 'put NHK on DOTW!!!!!' somewhat helped them decide :p and if that is the case...

Heaven's Memo Pad

&

Infinite Stratos

pretty please :D

(and hows about a £15 Blu ray D.O.T.W.) ;) go on you know you want to.

Jesus was Jan this year when it was DOTW, man it doesn't feel that long ago!

I perused their store on play a while back and when I looked at everything on there, the future of their potential DOTW based on what's on play, and with what DOTW I have already bought, the future did look pretty small to me as I don't really like much of what's left (for me to potentially buy) on there =/

-Danielle- said:
Jesus was Jan this year when it was DOTW, man it doesn't feel that long ago!

I perused their store on play a while back and when I looked at everything on there, the future of their potential DOTW based on what's on play, and with what DOTW I have already bought, the future did look pretty small to me as I don't really like much of what's left (for me to potentially buy) on there =/
It has been like that for me for some time now.

It's kind of disappointing for me as I'm sure it's only been a year, maybe a year and a half that I've even been aware of the DOTW so I really am waiting for a few "re-releases" of theirs but yeah for the most part, everything left on their play site it frankly sh*t to me based on personal taste and that :p lolol.

-Danielle- said:
Ooooooooh I wonder if my HMV will sell the DVD version for that much. I must check on my lunch hour. Thanks :)
HMV Ireland is a seperate company to HMV UK so I doubt it, you should be able to order it from the UK Xtravision(merged with HMV Ireland by Hilco) website for that price, next day delivery on orders before 2pm standard too(Ireland anyway).

Back