UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

mangaman74 said:
HMV have a Jubillee promo going on until midnight Tuesday 05th June 2012

Thanks for posting this mangaman. I have just re-done my preorders for Angel Beats, Blue Exorcist and the next Ghibli blurays using this promo. Saved £8.90. Happy days. :) Not so happy for Zavvi and Sainsburys who both lost £30-ish of my money :lol:

EDIT: I forgot to order Welcome to the Space Show. I hope these codes can be used more than once.

Yeah, cheers for that. Roujin Z and Welcome to the Space Show Blu-rays for £13.50 apiece? Don't mind if I do.

Was going to wait on Roujin Z until it was confirmed that the subtitles were better than Samurai Girls', but since the price will go up after release I'm just going to take a punt on it.

I cancelled and reordered some anime blu-rays myself,
Howls Moving Castle
Tales From Earthsea
Welcome To The Space Show
Roujin Z

I also used the CD code to buy some cds for my brother as well as the following for myself,
Orange (2cd Reissue) by Jon Spencer: Blues Explosion

My older brother got his HMV staff discount card today, so I could just ask him to get stuff and get 30% off instead =D.

Just Passing Through said:
Usagi Drop's on sale at UP1 £26.22 + £1.50 P&P

About how much it costs to import, if you manage to sneak it past customs.

I was amazed when I saw that before but does anyone know, as it's region 4 and I know it's PAL, but would I have to change the region if I were to watch it on MacBook? Would it work on a UK PS3? etc. Don't really wanna risk it if I need to change the region.

If you're on a MacBook you can just watch it using VLC or something similar and avoid having to fiddle with the region at all. Just disable Apple's DVD Player from automatically running when you insert a disc and you'll be absolutely fine.

R

Rui said:
If you're on a MacBook you can just watch it using VLC or something similar and avoid having to fiddle with the region at all. Just disable Apple's DVD Player from automatically running when you insert a disc and you'll be absolutely fine.

R

Forgot about VLC.

I've got it on my Vista laptop, and it's pretty good. It doesn't like those discs with intentionally coded bad block copy protection errors, which means it usually gives up with Bandai or Funimation R1 discs.

But otherwise it'll defeat region protection, and I tried Siren's Usagi Drop and Durarara, and they play just fine.

mangaman74 said:
Already own the region 1 version.

Me to got the limited edition version

anyway

HMV are giving 20% off blu rays using H8BLU20

also noticed that HMV have listed Black Lagoon seasons 1 and 2 on blu ray for £35 each with the 20% makes them £28 cheaper than HMV

Aya-Kun said:
mangaman74 said:
Already own the region 1 version.

Me to got the limited edition version

That is probably the version I have - an artbox plus singles in digipack type packaging each with some cards or artcards if memory serves me correct (I think the Basilisk region 1 dvds had similar packaging and bonus items).

Ah, Speed Grapher. How many times have I been on the verge of purchasing that show? I rented the first volume years ago; while the edgy content was appealing, the animation quality (which falls off a cliff after episode 1) was not. And so I will deliberate once more.

Guess I'd better go cancel my order for Welcome to the Space show with 10% discount and re-order with that 20% discount.

Back